Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread >

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Spike

Anyone use any feed or attractant for deer? I know we cant use it in Indiana, but was wanting to put some out for my trail cam. I dont have a fancy feeder or anything, just looking to get something from Tractor Supply or some where to see what is out there. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Spike

Remember it is illegal to bait deer in Indiana. What you could use is some sort of deer sent or mock scrape.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Spike

Right, it is illegal to bait during hunting season. You can put feed or bait out up intli 10 days or so until hunting that area. I just want to place it where I have my trail cam to see what is out there. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

You can put stuff out there but like you said, you cannot hunt over the area for 10 days after the soil is rid of the "bait". You can get a 50lb bag of corn from Tractor Supply and just cut the bag open down the middle and across the top and bottom (basically draw the letter "I" on the front of the bag) and you can put that at the base of the tree your trail camera is on. Just dont hunt over it. As well, this is better to be done in the offseason say, Aug-Sept before our season starts.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Spike

Yeah, I rethought my idea and I figure I better not do it. I dont want someone getting the wrong idea. I just moved closer to my hunting property so wanted to do more, but I can always wait.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread has been quiet for a while lol. It's been a pretty crappy season for me so far, i had a terrible head and chest cold/infection for about 3 weeks that kept me out of the woods. I also had 2 trips to the ER for chest pain as a result of it, thankfully it was not anything too serious. I finally got to feeling better on Sunday and went out for the first time last evening. I didn't see the first deer. There is just way too much corn still up. I think just about every corn field within a 5 mile radius of my place is still standing. With more rain coming on Friday, i doubt the landowner gets to it this weekend. So far early next week looks dry, maybe he can get it then. The Bucks should be on their feet good for the next few weeks.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Spike

I too was wondering where all you bowhunters are at? Last year you guys were posting like crazy. We have a few more last minute things to complete a new stand we built this summer, then we will leave the property alone until gun opener. Last week saw 2 nice shooters when I was out there working on the stand. One was a nice tall rack like we typically get up there. The genes in the area must produce tall rack bucks.....long g2's only problem is they usually dont get real wide, I,m not complaining. Good luck to those of you bow hunting this weekend.

Scott
Old 10-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Been busy here at work since its my last 2 months on the job here(job is being shipped off to India). Anyways, havent seen much in the woods on stand, have kicked up about 8-9 does on my way in or out of the woods. But have only seen one doe and one good 8pt buck on stand. Just too far to shoot in all the thick stuff. Heading back out this weekend after I take the kids out for their candy spree tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Fork Horn

no luck yet.been out hunting and camping 3 weekends now.seen some does and one 4 pointer,no shots.corn is still up.try again today and sunday.beats being at work thought.is rut in yet?seen a few small scrapes.probly the 4 pointer.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Typical Buck

Took a doe about a week and half ago (no pics). Night before last saw three nice bucks on a property that I'm hunting in Jefferson county. Yesterday, I was driving on 31N through carmel and in the median there was the body of a nice 2 yr old buck. I think it was an a 8pt. Anyone else got anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.