Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread >

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

I am about 5 miles from Morefield my self. Are there any processors down there? I couldnt find one on Sunday. I will not go to the one in Pleasant bad expericence. I had a deer to drop off Sunday and of course no one is open on Sunday. I sure do miss Rob at the Old Pleasant School House.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have not been out yet, drove by the property this evening and seen 3 doe standing right in the driveway. Then had a buck run in front of me going from one cornfield to the other. Too dark to get a good luck but looked like a smaller buck. All the corn is still standing and there is a ton of it. 4 large fields all around the woods. Once it's gone things will be great. I'll probably stay out of there until he starts picking which is usually mid October.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
I am about 5 miles from Morefield my self. Are there any processors down there? I couldnt find one on Sunday. I will not go to the one in Pleasant bad expericence. I had a deer to drop off Sunday and of course no one is open on Sunday. I sure do miss Rob at the Old Pleasant School House.

To my knowledge Im not aware of any processor near Moorefield. Didnt know there was one in Pleasant. Amish running it??? We process our deer now because of lack of processors down there. I do recall a processor being west of the School House but I think he shut down as well. Dont know why, thats a money-maker down there.

I had a slow weekend, found a dead coyote and saw one doe. But I did call in a coyote on Sunday morning but couldnt get a shot off as he came in so fast and picked my off as I tried to look over my right shoulder to see what he was going to do. I left early sunday with a major headache and just not feeling good and I noticed alot of beans being pulled in. We still have a bean field to the east of us that needs pulled but other than that, there is some corn further east needing to be pulled and everything else is in. It will be better once the beans and corn are pulled.

Last edited by The Outdoorsman; 10-06-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Rob lost his lease at the school house. Good thing was he lived right there and was there at all hours and you could check it in there and have it processed. And then get some breakfast. They have great B and gravey.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Going to be making a trip up to Indiana for an early nov deer hunt. Leaving south florida on Nov.3 will hunt the 5-9. Am just now getting excited can't wait for it to get here. Grew up in Laporte but have leaved here in florida now since 1994. Looking forward to the cooler weather we have set record highs down here 6 of the last 7 days it has been a long summer. Will be hunting around the prieceton area. Good luck to you all. Jerry
Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went and scouted a new woods yesterday. Rubs on every other tree and 3 scrapes...with one being absolutely beat up! I'm pumped!!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear your seeing some pre rutting activity. I've been out quite a bit since season opening and haven't seen much yet here in central indiana. Saw what appeared to be a fresh scrap but could have been man made. Other then that nothing yet. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do see stuff though.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hung a stand tuesday (actually it was the first time I ever did it by myself). Literally seconds after climbing into the stand to do the finishing touches....a nice doe walked past to my right about 40 yards.

I hope to get out there this afternoon if the weather holds out!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Spike

I used a decoy and rattle bag to get this buck in range. He had been fighting pretty good. He had a hole in his back and ear and his leg was messed up from another buck.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the buck. He's nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.