Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
WI – Bow Hunters – Nurseries/Orchards >

WI – Bow Hunters – Nurseries/Orchards

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI – Bow Hunters – Nurseries/Orchards

Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Spike

Default WI – Bow Hunters – Nurseries/Orchards

I had someone mention to me that some nurseries and orchards in Wisconsin will allow some bow hunters onto their property to harvest deer. He though part of being allowed to hunt the property, you had to shoot the first deer that presented itself, no trophy hunting. He had mentioned potential locations in the Menomonee Falls area. He had never hunted any of the properties was just something he had heard about.

Was wondering if anyone else has heard of this or maybe has been allowed to hunt these properties?

Making a few calls this week to see if I can gather any more information about if this is possible. I’m more of a meat hunter anyways and thought this might be a good opportunity to put a deer in the freezer.

Thanks for any feedback and good luck this season.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

There used to be an apple orchard near Galesville WI. that let people hunt deer. I don't know if they still do.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

They used to allow hunters on the orchard near galesville, but they quit doing that about 3 or 4 years ago.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Was that Sacias on HWY 53 ? There was a lot of Deer there.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

yes, it was sacias. They have everybody pissed off in the area. They have a couple people shoot deer in the orchard, but they are all close friends. they get ag tags and shoot every deer they see in the winter, but last winter they didn't even harvest 1/2 the apples on many of the trees. they claim they don't shoot bucks after their antlers drop, but everybody who owns land around them knows they do.