HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Is anyone seeing does in the former E.A.B. areas of WI? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/301377-anyone-seeing-does-former-e-b-areas-wi.html)

mr.mc54 08-22-2009 01:55 PM

Is anyone seeing does in the former E.A.B. areas of WI?

I was wondering if some hunters are seeing a comeback of does in the former EAB areas of WI. Last winter many of us were worried about over kill of antlerless deer in our areas. I for one said I won't take any antlerless deer this year, so the deer can rebound. I have seen very few deer and still will not shoot any antlerless deer this year. Just wondering what others have seen. We are taking mature bucks only this year.:)

Redclub 08-23-2009 03:29 AM

There are some but more bucks? This is in central wi. I probably will not shoot a doe
RC

schlitz540 08-23-2009 05:51 PM

Been seeing a lot of does, and does with fawns. This is in the waupaca/shawano county area. Been dodging them all night long on the roads. i have also noticed what seems like a lot more bucks than previous years, but could just be me.

mr.mc54 08-23-2009 06:21 PM

The does I have seen this year, had one fawn. I hav'nt seen any with two this spring. I too have seen more bucks this year. Maybe the winter had something to do with the lack of fawns.

schooter 08-23-2009 10:31 PM

i have seen a lot more deer this year then last year and they have been all does. I have seen a couple of does with twin also. only 19 more days til the bow opener :)

mr.mc54 08-25-2009 11:16 AM

After we all get out there and hunt, we will be more able to see what we have for deer. I, too can't waite for the season to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

nappy13 08-30-2009 04:42 PM

Coleman, wisconsin

Didnt see any deer last season and a few doe so far this year. This is most unusal

furyless 09-01-2009 06:07 PM

ive got pictures of a doe and two fawns and a doe with one fawn and some pictures of single does so it seems like there are doing pretty good around where i hunt

cayugad 09-03-2009 06:59 PM

I am in Northern Wisconsin near Lake Superior, and I have not seen too many does. I talked to friends of mine and they report very few deer spotted. We are still in agreement that we are not buying license this year. Going to let them deer rest.

A few weeks back I talked to this old couple that fed deer in the past and have a small herd that used to come around. Plus their open field is planted in grass. He said they saw three deer this year.

lungbuster12point06 09-06-2009 04:17 PM

I think natural predation from bears and wolves in the northern part of the state has had a huge impact on deer numbers there. I hunt in south western Wi. and have seen about the same number of does w/twin fawns as other years, we are in the CWD unit and have had (and still have )EAB for a number of years, but the private land owners are not buying into the DNR's kill em all policies and thus the herd has not suffered as badly in my area as it has in other parts of the state.