Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Is anyone seeing does in the former E.A.B. areas of WI? >

Is anyone seeing does in the former E.A.B. areas of WI?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Is anyone seeing does in the former E.A.B. areas of WI?

Old 08-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Is anyone seeing does in the former E.A.B. areas of WI?

I was wondering if some hunters are seeing a comeback of does in the former EAB areas of WI. Last winter many of us were worried about over kill of antlerless deer in our areas. I for one said I won't take any antlerless deer this year, so the deer can rebound. I have seen very few deer and still will not shoot any antlerless deer this year. Just wondering what others have seen. We are taking mature bucks only this year.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Fork Horn

There are some but more bucks? This is in central wi. I probably will not shoot a doe
RC
Old 08-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Spike

Been seeing a lot of does, and does with fawns. This is in the waupaca/shawano county area. Been dodging them all night long on the roads. i have also noticed what seems like a lot more bucks than previous years, but could just be me.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

The does I have seen this year, had one fawn. I hav'nt seen any with two this spring. I too have seen more bucks this year. Maybe the winter had something to do with the lack of fawns.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Spike

i have seen a lot more deer this year then last year and they have been all does. I have seen a couple of does with twin also. only 19 more days til the bow opener
Old 08-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

After we all get out there and hunt, we will be more able to see what we have for deer. I, too can't waite for the season to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Spike

Default Coleman, wisconsin

Didnt see any deer last season and a few doe so far this year. This is most unusal
Old 09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Spike

ive got pictures of a doe and two fawns and a doe with one fawn and some pictures of single does so it seems like there are doing pretty good around where i hunt
Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I am in Northern Wisconsin near Lake Superior, and I have not seen too many does. I talked to friends of mine and they report very few deer spotted. We are still in agreement that we are not buying license this year. Going to let them deer rest.

A few weeks back I talked to this old couple that fed deer in the past and have a small herd that used to come around. Plus their open field is planted in grass. He said they saw three deer this year.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

I think natural predation from bears and wolves in the northern part of the state has had a huge impact on deer numbers there. I hunt in south western Wi. and have seen about the same number of does w/twin fawns as other years, we are in the CWD unit and have had (and still have )EAB for a number of years, but the private land owners are not buying into the DNR's kill em all policies and thus the herd has not suffered as badly in my area as it has in other parts of the state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.