Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
feral hogs in wisconsin >

feral hogs in wisconsin

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

feral hogs in wisconsin

Old 08-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default feral hogs in wisconsin

what are your thoughts on feral hogs in wisconsin and do you think the will populate all over wisconsin
Old 08-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Theres been ferall hogs in Wi for a few years. I dont think they are something thats going to populate too quickly. I went pig hunting last spring south of Ferryville with my brother inlaw. Came close to getting one but being our first time out we didnt know what we were really doing. I know there are some scattered throughout the state. I know alot of people arent too happy with the pigs because they do cause alot of damage to land. But look at it this way. You have another hunting op that you can hunt all year round with only a small game license unless you own property, therefore you dont need a small game license.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Spike

just surfing threads, I'm a florida boy. hog hunting guide. once you have hogs you won't get rid of them. They are vary adaptable to climate, terrain. They will spread. talking about an animal that can start breeding at 10 months old. Can breed @3 times a year and drop 6-8 piglets each time. the only way to control them is when you see 10 shoot 12. They are fun to hunt though. very tough animal.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

The DNR has been trying to ext. the hogs in WI for several years now and they are still here. Mostly in a small area south of LaCrosse WI. Some guy introduced them there a few years ago.