HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Michigan Guys, You Pumped for the season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/300314-michigan-guys-you-pumped-season.html)

RT1 08-12-2009 07:53 AM

Michigan Guys, You Pumped for the season

i'm getting more pumped up the season, anyone else?

i'll be getting my stands back out during the last week in August. I leave one out year around and that only leaves me with two to put out and then do some trimming around the area.

:party0007:

BUCKMARK 08-12-2009 08:38 PM

I'm from Illinois and I'm pumped...

Robv2007 08-14-2009 08:29 AM

got all the food plots in last week, now i'm ready to hunt them. Only 6 more weeks.

brad_vanderband1 08-14-2009 10:10 AM

the count down is on!! all stands and foodplots will be done after saturday and ready for Oct 1!

tnt1960 08-14-2009 10:49 AM

I was, till I found out the other day that our property is flooded up in Lapeer County because of the hard rains we had last weekend. I sure hope it dries out fast. The Flint River cuts through our property, so whenever we get hit with hard rains, the place floods out. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Bob S 08-14-2009 02:08 PM

I hope to be out near Deckerville on September 17, hittin' the does.

earnhard3 08-15-2009 06:20 PM

counting down....hunting from oct 1 to nov 30

then 4 days off....

then to iowa for Muzzleloader

BullRider115 08-16-2009 06:00 AM

Stands are up, food plots and funnels in, a lot of off season work this past year. Hope to see it pay off for my daughter in the youth season (bow) and for me as well.

RT1 08-19-2009 12:21 PM

off next week, here's my plan

hang all my stands (2)

do some scouting and tree trimming

move a two person stand that i leave out year around, move it to a different location.

Golf

hang with my two kids, take them to south haven (lake michigan), swim and build sand castles etc.

shoot my bow

golf

go to a detroit tigers game on the 29th. there playing the devil rays.

just a note: i'm seeing alot of deer again this year, and the alot of the ones i'm seeing are carrying some goods on top of their heads. I don't know what it is this season but i have never seen so much velvet running around.???
I'm excited that the areas that i'm hunting are on the corners or inside edges of hardwoods and soybeans. I love hunting on top of bean fields versus corn. I just thing it's better action.

DowningAir 08-20-2009 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by RT1 (Post 3412908)
off next week, here's my plan

hang all my stands (2)

do some scouting and tree trimming

move a two person stand that i leave out year around, move it to a different location.

Golf

hang with my two kids, take them to south haven (lake michigan), swim and build sand castles etc.

shoot my bow

golf

go to a detroit tigers game on the 29th. there playing the devil rays.

just a note: i'm seeing alot of deer again this year, and the alot of the ones i'm seeing are carrying some goods on top of their heads. I don't know what it is this season but i have never seen so much velvet running around.???
I'm excited that the areas that i'm hunting are on the corners or inside edges of hardwoods and soybeans. I love hunting on top of bean fields versus corn. I just thing it's better action.

Sounds like a hell of a week off! Enjoy the woods, lake, game and shoot'em straight (the clubs and the bow)!