Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
What's happening in Illinos? >

What's happening in Illinos?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What's happening in Illinos?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Shouldnt that deer have a tag on it?
Doesn't have to be on the antler
Old 10-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Spike

Default Tag

The tag is on it. There is a little red string in the pic with the tag on the back of the beam they do stick and rap around like the old ones.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on just one hell of a deer

may I ask what county?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
congrats on just one hell of a deer

may I ask what county?
Post says Madison County, just across the river from STL. Not all of the big ones come from the so called "golden triangle"! Didn't happen to take that at Horseshoe Lake, did you joestl? I work at the Steel Mill and there was a story going around at work that someone took a hog at Horseshoe.

Last edited by Kid; 10-29-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by joestl
I shot this buck Mon. evening. We do have big bucks scored 217 5/8. 25pnt
Awsome buck you got there. My dad nailed this one saturday evening, 195" 18pt. field dressed 230lbs.
Attached Thumbnails What's happening in Illinos?-dscf0001.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Spike

Default It was shot in Madison County in Edwardsville

Little up date for everyone out of state. 70% of the crop are still in the field we have had a record rain fall for Oct. We are going to get 2-3in more in the next day or 2 this is going to make it hard hunting getting to stand and retreaving deer.

The next 2 week will be the time to stay in the stand all day rain or shine. I shot my deer Mon. evening in the rain. I will be back at it to kill a doe or 2 for food tomarrow and over the weekend will give a up date. Good luck and be safe.

passthru79 tell your dad congrads that is a massive body on that deer.

Last edited by joestl; 10-29-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Spike

ill tell you i hunt a swamp land near freeport illinois and we got so much rain my stand is almost touching water now. i shot one small buck already 7 pointer but now the water has covered up alot of their trails and rubs. so please stop raining or i will have to move my stand up in the hardwoods
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

RAIN! RAIN! RAIN! This should be a record October for rain in Southwestern Illinois. Looks like close to a FOOT of rain this month. Most crops are ready to harvest if only it would stop raining long enough for them to dry out. Scraping activity is up and I saw some serious chasing yesterday before the rain really picked up. If the weather cooperates, the rut activity should start heating up next week.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Spike

Just got back from a weeks bow hunt in clark co. 1 doe and a coyote down. It was a pretty slow week, the weather was wet and most of the crops are still in. Starting to see some pretty good scrape activity though. I think they were moving mostly at night.
It should start getting better in the next couple of weeks.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Fork Horn

Saw a nice 140" 8pt bedded in a ditch along my gravel road on Friday 10-30 with a doe...Had her pinned down out in the middle of the open...I would say some are starting to come in!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.