Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
What's happening in Illinos? >

What's happening in Illinos?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What's happening in Illinos?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

same on our farms in Brown County, more and more bigger bucks are being seen, hopefully they stay in the area
Old 09-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like it might be a good year for bigger bucks. Last year we did not see any big deer while hunting. What could be helpful this year is that alot of beans are in instead of corn. We did not have trail cams up last year, this year we do. It would be cool if we see some of these deer we have pics of show up when it counts...
Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Spike

Default 17 days to go

Been out the past couple of weekends at different farms to put up stands. Got about 1800 acres in Sanagmon. Deer seem to be moving well and the crops should start coming out soon. Have stands set up for a couple of weeks now. only gonna hunt them while i am home at mom and dads. Just set one up down here in Randolph County where i will be hunting during the week. Saw lots of tracks and a few deer but the undergrowth is unreal this year, lots of rain. we will keep ya updated.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

rain= antler growth
Old 09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt clay, wayne, and this year coles because of college. but in clay and wayne, but i havent been scouting much at all. i have seen lots of does and smaller bucks so far. seen one buck that i would consider a shooter, but we will see come october
Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the season is finally here. Now if only the deer will cooperate. Went out on Friday morning figuring that the deer would be out and about after all the rain on Thursday. I didn't see any movrment at all, not even any fresh tracks.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just an update...the colder weather got the deer moving big time. We saw more deer today than any other day we could remember.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in Iowa but almost right across the river from Jo Davies. Born raised N.W. Ill.
This is one I passed on last year as I had seen (and was close) to 2 others a little bigger but never closed the deal.
I've been out 3 times & have seen NOTHING from stand. Lots of time....
Attached Thumbnails What's happening in Illinos?-mdgc0034.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a big time outfitter about 5 miles from us, the owner killed a 170" 10 pointer today
Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing deer movement a lot earlier in the day (evening hunts) than normal for early season. This cool weather has them moving early.
Otherwise, I haven't seen anything in the way of scrapes or rubs. The big boys should be starting their scrape lines any time now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.