Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
What's happening in Illinos? >

What's happening in Illinos?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What's happening in Illinos?

Old 08-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question What's happening in Illinos?

Just thought I would start a post for those of you that live or hunt in Illinois. Kinda like a journal type tread. Might be a good way to let everybody kwow what the deer are up to. Also how the crops are doing where you hunt. Just any general info that might help someone else out.
Anyway I was out at our lease in Jodavies and the corn was looking good, We saw a couple of small bucks, but a boat load of tracks. We also set up trail cam to see if we can spy some bigger deer. Just wish it wasn't raining while we were there.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Also hunt/lease in JoDaviess, haven't been out there personally yet this year! so busy with stuff, but do need to get out there. Kinda been unhappy with the lease past few years, but it's with my father and he's stubborn, so we continue to hunt there, I think this may be our last year, we'll see.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have over 2000 acres in Brown/Pike, crops are coming in great, so great bucks have been seen. Closing on my house in a few days so I can't make it out this week to hang stands, but my friend is going out to do just that
Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 PM

i'm a giude in pike county and i can personally say that alot of true trophy bucks will be running the woods this year!! best of luck to all
Old 08-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Caught this guy with a trailcam in Brown County a few weeks ago....
Attached Thumbnails What's happening in Illinos?-09wp7.jpg  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I went over to Richland County over the weekend. The corn is up pretty high. As usual, it is crawling with deer. Almost hit one on hwy 1 between Marshall and Lawrenceville and saw a lot of others. Then almost hit another one in richland county. Ran about a 12 pointer out of a cornfield while checking out a neighbors pond. Had another huge buck that was out in the road and didnt want to move when my mother and sister were driving to church yesterday morning. Should be a good year, but then again they have all been good for the last 20 years.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

im hunting LaSalle county and i have been out scouting a few new places and seen some good looking deer. i will be retrieving my cam tonight to see what i got on it. been seeing a lot more deer than normal in this area. hoping to see some nice deer this year. they have plenty of food and water
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IMB guide
i'm a giude in pike county and i can personally say that alot of true trophy bucks will be running the woods this year!! best of luck to all

Whereabouts? I just picked up a lease just north of Barry, IL. Scouting it this weekend.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in eastern Tazewell, and i'm optimistic for this year. Seen some good deer on adjacent properties. I hunt in all timber, no crops on the property, hence the sightings on properties around me. I just got this lease last year, and it had cattle on it until Sept, so this year, no cattle at all, undergrowth looks WAY better, so i'm pumped. Hanging a couple stands in a week or so, then not touching it again until Oct. Saw some real quality deer last year, passed a couple that I'm now happy I did, not so much when they walked out of range, but i'm hoping they are still around. I wasn't able to get onto the ground until opening day last year, so no scouting or anything, and it seemed like I was 50 yards off the whole season, but I confident I can get myself in better position this year to do some damage.

Last edited by YooperMike; 08-11-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I almost hate clicking on this because I hate to see what everyone is seeing. Lost my land that I hunted on last year, hopefully for just a year since its not being sold or anything. Trying to find something ASAP before the permit deadline, Praying the deer hunting gods that something will come up. Funny thing is I live outside Chicago right now and have been seeing some huge bucks and lots of does.......on the forest preserves. Seen a couple nice bucks in my backyard, but no hunting around here.

Berettaguy 17, you hunt around Ottawa? I deer hunted and duck hunted by Serena a few years back, saw some BIG scapes and rubs but only managed 2 does. Some great hunting over there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.