Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Bad luck for some Minnesotans >

Bad luck for some Minnesotans

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Bad luck for some Minnesotans

Old 07-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default Bad luck for some Minnesotans

I just read in the new regulations booklet that for some areas in Minnesota there is a new regulation that will only let youth under age 18 apply for an antlerless deer permit. Previously these areas were a lottery are, i.e. anyone under age 18 was automatically given an antlerless tag, and anyone age 18 and over could enter a lottery where only those drawn would receive one. I have two opinions. First it really sucks for those of us who are out to fill the freezer. But second I hope they accomplish what they are trying to do, which is bring the population of mature deer back up to sustainable numbers. Just thought i would let you guys know how lucky some of you are in having the right to take any sex you want and sometimes as many as you want.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Spike

here is a link to the minnesota dnr website. the new regulation is outlined on page 70.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/reg.../full_regs.pdf
Old 07-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

After last season's results state wide, which weren't terrible, but sightings were down, they certainly got a tougher standard on number of deer aloud to be taken, I hope that youths continue to get to shoot does, as its good for the sport and youth interest, and I think its good to not take as many deer as in previous years....the heard needs some recovery I think.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I read this earlier today.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mnprohunter
After last season's results state wide, which weren't terrible, but sightings were down, they certainly got a tougher standard on number of deer aloud to be taken, I hope that youths continue to get to shoot does, as its good for the sport and youth interest, and I think its good to not take as many deer as in previous years....the heard needs some recovery I think.
I agree in my zone it has been an intensive harvest zine for a while now and I keep thinking that there isn't enough deer out there to keep letting people shoot five deer a piece
Old 08-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thumbs down Ticks me off!!!

I think It's BS that allot of people can't shoot anterless deer In Central and SW Mn. One of the area's borders mine and I know for a fact there's plenty, plenty of deer to go around!! Even the youths who apply for anterless permits won't get too many. The permits are very small In numbers. I can gaurantee you this Is going to put the buck to doe ratio that much farther out of whack. I haven't cared for the Mn DNR decisions they've been making one bit the last 10 to 15 years.