Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Mountian Lions in Ohio >

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Old 07-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountian Lions in Ohio

I to would like to see some type of proof! Perhaps I will email the DNR and ask them if they have any comfirmed reports..........when I get a response I will post it!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Just wondering I livein southern Ohio and trail camera pics been slow. Might be because of all the bigfoot creatures running around here but they won't walk in front of my trail cam. Oh well maybe I can still get those aliens that live next door on video when they fly away in there spaceships tonight. Happy Hunting sorry just having some fun.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mondoman86

I hunt in coshocton, and a guy on the farm next the one I hunt killed a mountain lion with his gun. He shot it when it was going into a big cave overhang. He went to get it after he shot it, and there were 3 babies, well not babies but young ones probably a couple months old right there where he shot her. He called the game warden, and he got a helluva ticket for shooting it. They said it would have been different if it was attacking him or something. Then after this My step dad started telling me stories about seeing what he called black panthers all the time when he use to hunt! lol
Not a protected species in Ohio. What law did he break? This surely would have made regional if not national news. It always gets deep in the cougar/panther threads.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Fork Horn

Well not protected, but there is no open season for them. I hear of people getting in trouble for shooting bobcats all the time, because there is no season for them. They kill them then want to get them mounted, and the taxidermists turn them in. Oh and also. I'm just going by what the guy told Me. I don't know him personally like best friends or anything. He is just a neighboring hunter We talk to when at camp. He had a picture of a dead mountain lion. Hell he could be making the story up I dunno. I'm just telling the story like he told me. He seemed to go into a little to much detail though for it to be made up.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Pa,anything that was once indigenous to Pa is protected unless,there's an open season.That's why they would be protected in Pa and perhaps,that's the case in Ohio.Still,a dead mountain lion in any state east of the Mississippi,execpt Florida would be huge news.The guy is making the story up.Every year I hear about mountain lions,Black panthers,truckloads of coyotes broken down on I80,mangy bears that people think are bigfoot,coyotes with insurance compnay tags in their ears and even,mountain lions being airlifted in on nets from a black helicopter.None of it is true but it always amazes me that rational people actually believe any of it.Just yesterday,there was an article in the paper about a lady who's horses were supposedly attacked by a mountain lion.the lady didn't bother to report it to thepgc however.

If you want a good laugh,google "Amish man attacked by mountain lion"That's some good stuff that was supposed to prove once and for all that we had mountain lions in Pa.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the stories are bogus. But, if one can travel into the city of Chicago, they can travel about anywhere. Who knows?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even if it were true, I think the Division of Wildlife would try to cover it up. I think they would fear it would cause wide spread panic and non-stop phone calls of sightings.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
In Pa,anything that was once indigenous to Pa is protected unless,there's an open season.That's why they would be protected in Pa and perhaps,that's the case in Ohio.Still,a dead mountain lion in any state east of the Mississippi,execpt Florida would be huge news.The guy is making the story up.Every year I hear about mountain lions,Black panthers,truckloads of coyotes broken down on I80,mangy bears that people think are bigfoot,coyotes with insurance compnay tags in their ears and even,mountain lions being airlifted in on nets from a black helicopter.None of it is true but it always amazes me that rational people actually believe any of it.Just yesterday,there was an article in the paper about a lady who's horses were supposedly attacked by a mountain lion.the lady didn't bother to report it to thepgc however.

If you want a good laugh,google "Amish man attacked by mountain lion"That's some good stuff that was supposed to prove once and for all that we had mountain lions in Pa.
Do they have any pictures of that Amish guy after the attack?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah.They have quite a few pictures.It looked more like he tried to steal the lunch money from a kindergardner girl than a mountain lion attack.Just google it.Lots of funny articles.Everything about it was phoney and staged.The supposed blood trail wasn't real blood.the blood on his knife was from a deer and his wounds were definately self-inflicted.Even funnier,the unified sportsmen of Pa were acting as the Amish guy's spokemen.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
Do they have any pictures of that Amish guy after the attack?
LMAO!! Yeh the guy had proof!! Proof that he and the USP are a fraud!!
But we did have a sighting on our property in SE. OH ( I wasnt present) and they called the Game Warden and he confirmed that the tracks were from a MT. Lion. Also a year prior we found a dead deer carcus 12ft. up in a tree during the winter. ( which I passed off as being from a large bobcat) In my opinion if it is a Mt. Lion it was released just like the gator that was found in a pond in near by Gettysburg PA. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 07-16-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Mountian Lions in Ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.