Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Mountian Lions in Ohio >

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mountian Lions in Ohio

Old 06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountian Lions in Ohio

If true, probably " pet ", released.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

well i didnt think my story was that big of a dealall i can say is thatz what i was told personally,and u might be right he couldhave beenyanking my chain and tellin me a false story or it couldhave been a pet. back to the oringal story, i think its possible about the guy gettin pics of his trail-camera, keep. 20-25 years ago people said they seen coyotes roaming around ohio and they were called liars, now we have them in all88 counties. i find it all interesting. "doug" im not gonna argue with u bout anything, especially over the internet. but check this site out www.easternpumaresearch.com. it has some interesting facts. where are ufrom anyway?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad's co-worker (a female bowhunter) got a picture on her trail camera of a mountain lion last winter in Southern Ohio. Near the border of
Brown County and Adams County.... I agree with excalibur,that they do not reside in the area but definitely pass through. Pretty cool if you ask me, unless you run into a hungry one
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reds,I'm from central Pa where we hear about mountain lion sighting on almost a daily basis but never a shred of concrete evidence.

The guy that runs that easternpumaresearch site is a quack.I've seen him on TV and read the site often,for a laugh.Notice all the black mountain lion sightings.If you do some research on that,you'll discover that there's no such thing.they don't exist,yet so mnay people see them.

I'd love to see an actual picture that wasn't a proven fake but so far,nobody has produced one.I've seen several supposed pictures on this site but they were all proven fakes or obvious pictures of bobcats or housecats.I'm shocked at how long some of those threads had gone on when the picture was a bobcat.It's amazing how so many people can mistake a bobcat for a mountain lion.

I'm not saying it's impossible but so far,there hasn't been any proof of any wild-free ranging mountain lions in Pa or even close.An escaped pet here and there perhaps but no wild breeding populations.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

i agree on the fact thatpeople are claiming ofseeing "black" cats because they are rare and they prolly seeing something like a bob-cat. regardless i still think its cool and interesting people are seeing something that they dont normally see. ive been hunting my whole life and yet to see anything strange, but u never know.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree and I don't think the majority of people are lying either.They just don't know what they see.Do a search on here and look at some of the pictures people post as "proof".It's mind boggling.

I'll never say never.I just wanna see some concrete evidence.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

I am from north western ohio, Putnam county, and there were said to be sightings of "Big Black Cats" around here. Untill they claimed to say the species was a Maine Coon Cat. I meen this was a big thing, it was all over the news and everything. They were said to be attackign children out while they were playing. My grandma even sall one in the field. I went to check it out and the tracks were HUGE cat tracks. Then one day along the road i found the remains of one that was hit by a car. Then later reported it to the DNR.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in coshocton, and a guy on the farm next the one I hunt killed a mountain lion with his gun. He shot it when it was going into a big cave overhang. He went to get it after he shot it, and there were 3 babies, well not babies but young ones probably a couple months old right there where he shot her. He called the game warden, and he got a helluva ticket for shooting it. They said it would have been different if it was attacking him or something. Then after this My step dad started telling me stories about seeing what he called black panthers all the time when he use to hunt! lol
Old 07-03-2009, 10:36 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

What evidence is there?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

uh...He killed it, and had the animal. He got a ticket from the game warden?? What more proof do you want?

Quick Reply: Mountian Lions in Ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.