Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ohio by county? >

ohio by county?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio by county?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Spike

Default ohio by county?

if you had to pick one county in ohio to hunt which would it be and why, looking to take a trip this fall for a do it yourself and was wondering which county is the one i should do my search in
Old 06-20-2009, 12:38 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default RE: ohio by county?

Any of them
Old 06-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer Licking County. I may be biased, because that's where I live! Central Ohio to East Central is where the biggest bucks are usually taken. Licking, Muskingum,Coshocton,Guernsey and Tuscarawas Counties. There are Boone & Crockett bucks taken in alot of counties in Ohio, but these counties seem to consistantly produce Booner Bucks. Lots of farm ground and crops and foodplots but also alot of leased property!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

I prefer Licking County. I may be biased, because that's where I live! Central Ohio to East Central is where the biggest bucks are usually taken. Licking, Muskingum,Coshocton,Guernsey and Tuscarawas Counties. There are Boone & Crockett bucks taken in alot of counties in Ohio, but these counties seem to consistantly produce Booner Bucks. Lots of farm ground and crops and foodplots but also alot of leased property!
I agree with excalibur on this one but I travel around a bit and hunt right outside of Johnstown but no in Licking county. The only part of the state I would throw out would be NW Ohio. You can not go wrong hunting Ohio..........
Old 06-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

holmes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt vinton, jackson, meigs counties...alot of public land out that way too if u cant hunt private. any county in ohio can produce nice bucks... O-H-I-O!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Fork Horn

coshocton, tuscarawas, muskingum, licking, knox, holmes, guernsey, harrison, carroll, meigs, athens, washington, perry, morgan, noble, monroe, hocking, belmont, jefferson, columbiana, and ashtubula. Pick any one of those counties, and you'll be in good shape! lol
Old 07-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Anywhere in the southeast section. I'm suprised no one mentioned Adams co.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Any one hunt Stark county.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ive hunted in 7-8 counties here in Ohio, and i must say my favorite is Morgan. I will say that Medina is dark horse though.

Quick Reply: ohio by county?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.