Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Shed Hunting

Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM

Default Shed Hunting

How has everybody done on shed hunting this year?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shed Hunting

i havent found a single shed this year here in wisconsin
Old 05-05-2009, 04:53 AM
Spike

I found a 5 point shed really heavy here in Indiana. i will post a picture when i can
Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 AM

This winter I saw tons of deer bunched up in like 2 groups of 200 or better and i thought it would be so easy to find shed this year but i went out and found not a single thing
Old 05-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched my trail camerareligously all Winter,I kept it aimed on my salt and mineral lick and when Archery Season was over I would spread out some corn to help the Deermake it through the freezing rain,sleet and snow we had late in the year.The Bucks kept their antlers up until the middle of Feb. then they started showing up without their head gear so I started walking different area's each time I went out for a walk or went to check my trail camera.I looked and looked for several months...finally I found a small 3-Point rack off a young Buck out in an open field close to our Pond.I had pictures of a nice 8-Point Buck,a Spike Buck and the 6-Point Buck that I found the right hand side of and that was it. [&:]
Old 05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy and I spent 5 days this past winter shed hunting and found 41 sheds on our property in SE. Ohio. Pike

Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Spike

Pike them are some nice sheds! I have been lucky over the years with all public land and some private land to find what I have found. I have been shed hunting since 1998 and have found 118 sheds with 10 scored already that made the books and 4 that will make it from this year. Here is a picture of my monster shed that I found last year.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Spike

To bad that big one was found by the squirrels! I have one of the NASHC t-shirts that says "Save a shed Shoot a Squirrel". I love it!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 AM

I was heading out of town and saw a big 5x5 with his horns still on. I thought to myself no way, but yet it could be possible.I couldnt tell if he was invelvet or not.What do you guys think?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Spike

I have seen a deer carry one side to the next. For some reason I am not sure why but he did grow a second antler on that side and they attatched to each other. He lost them during the next shed season but to this day no one has ever been able to tell me why that buck did that.

Quick Reply: Shed Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.