Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 looks like i'll be poaching in iowa this year >

looks like i'll be poaching in iowa this year

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

looks like i'll be poaching in iowa this year

Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: looks like i'll be poaching in iowa this year

i havent seen very many this spring but seen a lot last fall. usually when we start planting there out in the fields. we should have the fields planted next weekend
Old 05-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Here in Central Wi, where I live and bowhunt(Waupaca CO.) Deer hunting was supposedly quite poor but with the game camera There was 21 different bucks that came to our feeder. I did get a fine 11 pointer the day after x-mas. Seems the fields this Spring held a lot of deer.
RC
Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Iowa can keep there deer tags for that price!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 AM

Wisconsin should do this.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey just find a buddy there and move there for a month or so before you go I knew a guy from indiana that moved to ky during hunting season. He had land down then and built him alittle shack and changed his id to ky guest the 15.00 each state for id change was worth the money he safed.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

Great, now they will all come up here!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

As an Iowa resident, I think it's ridiculous. I wouldn't give $500+for a tag to kill a deer. A resident pays $50+ (tag, licence, and habitat stamp)which is to damn high.

The non-resident priceis a week's stay at a hotel, with tags, food and gasfor non-residents insome states.

Eventually our herd will develop a disease due to losses of hunting ground, the high fees, and the lack of interest by the next generation. I believe our number of hunters were already down quite a bit in 2008, I can only imagine it will get worse in the upcoming years.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

racksnbeards,

It's truly good to hear a resident of Iowa say that. Yourarely hear someone from a state say that unless they were an outfitter or somone that makes income off of non residents hunters. I totally agree with you and I had planned on a trip withinthe next two years to try and hunt Iowa, but this is a deal breaker for me as well. I wil not venture to another state for anything more expensive than Illinois. Illinois last year had a difficult time of selling their permits for total with license and habitat in the are od $450. I will not pay over $500 for a whitetail license/permit. I will stay home or seek out better options. Wish Iowa good luck with its revenue and wish the business owners/outfitters good luck of recouping the lost income.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

At $550 it would be way to steep for me to check into that is for sure.. Here a nonresident combination hunting and fishing is only $137. The deer numbers are low but we have large deer so if you get lucky enough to bag one it is more than worth it..For just hunting big game the cost is $102 so if you are not up here early scouting and do not have time to fish then the cost is a little less. But again $550 dollars to hunt deer, that is rediculis in my opion..
Old 05-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

midsouth,

It's a common opinion were I'm located. Don't get me wrong we have lost some excellent hunting ground to non-resident lease's or them buying the ground, so their are some mixed emotions. But I have been fortunate enough to still be able to hunt some private land. What I can't do because of the higher fee's is hunt Iowawith family from other states, my son wont get to enjoy the same deer camp experience with his cousins as I did with mine. They can't afford it, and they shouldn't have to pay the same price for a deer tag, as they would for a freezer full of beef.

Quick Reply: looks like i'll be poaching in iowa this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.