Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Question about what I came across in woods.... >

Question about what I came across in woods....

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Question about what I came across in woods....

Old 04-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about what I came across in woods....

6 Dead Turkeys and piles of Deer bones......run away,and fast! [&:]I'd be affraid the next bone pile would be my own if I were You!

I would put a camera by the dead Turkeys...to me that wouldn't be a good sign for sure,something has to be killing them?Let us know what you find out?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:02 PM

hello everyone thanks for all the replies...i think all of them are plausable..well almost...not sure if i believe in bigfoots or aliens......anyways no out of the ordinary pics yet at the site...and to answer one of your questions i live in worth county..right on the minnesota border...its about 40 miles maybe from kossuth...straight north....well if anything shows up ill be sure to let you all know...thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cats have a VERY large range, so I would never rule out that option.

It is a very interesting idea that multiple deer may have filtered there when wounded by a bad shot?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

have you or know anyone in the area that hasshot deer and not found them in the past couple years, a lot of times deer will go and die in well secluded places and this area may just be a place they really feel safe in or somethin.... finding those dead turkeys though must have been really depressing.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

I like the idea that may have been where wounded ones went becasue of the thick cover. My hunting partner and I both shot bucks one season about two hundred yards apart (not on the same day) and they both went and died in a a thick area which I would guess was not more than ten yards from each other. Was there water nearby?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

got any photo's yet? sounds like mountain lion to me. but only pic's will tell the story.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like the local Poacher to me!!! You found his dumping grounds.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Spike

thats a mountain lion kill,no if's and's or but's about it,i had 2 scenarios like that in nebraska muzzleloader season last year that people called me and wanted me to go checkout on there land,and there was snow on the ground at the time and in both scenarios/cases you could see where these mountain lion/s circles these deer and just took em down,i also think this was mountain lion because the game and parks and I put out my trail cameras and we spotted 3 different mountain lions within a 2 mile radius,and you want to no the funny thing..NEVER have got them cats on camera again?..they follow the food source,when the food source gets thin or moves,or they go through lotta food,they just move on,follow the deer...way of life.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:13 AM
Spike

I would also like to say one more quick thing..Mountain lions do stash there kill and come back for it...but mountain lions can have a range of 100 miles,and like i said they could be in one place one day and be gone before ya no it..I maybe could be wrong,and if I am I hope you find your problem.Id say call the game and parks and have them examing these skulls,I no for a fact for working for the game and parks and state fish and wildlife since i was 15 years old that they could come to a pretty darn good guess to what it is my friend..