HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Hunter's being stereotyped in the media? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/290957-hunters-being-stereotyped-media.html)

mrtibbs 04-03-2009 05:23 AM

Hunter's being stereotyped in the media?

After speaking to many hunter's from all over the World, I've picked up on the fact that quite a few of them feel like they are treated like yokels or yobs!

I Personally view hunting as a sport or pastime, but I'm interested to find out why do you think people who don't hunt or know very little about hunting, treat hunter's so badly?

As a hunter, do you feel you've been stereotyped in the media, TV or movies? Does this type of portrayal affect you at all?

mr.mc54 04-03-2009 09:15 AM

RE: Hunter's being stereotyped in the media?

The way I see it is the media isin love with Obama and the Democrates. They have always been anti-gun and anti hunter. If you have guns or hunt they make you out to be an idiot. Just look at what they did to Sarah Palin. Because she hunted, she was potrayed as a gun loving loonatic. Obama can't do anything wrong in the media's eyes. He is as anti gun or anti hunter as you canget. People in the states that have a lot of hunters, are viewed as Bible thumping, gun loving, retards, in the eyes of the president and hiscrew. People look out-this president will bring change , as he called it, and the rights of our constitution is at stake. Change is comming and it aint good. The media is in love with his line of thinking and we will be getting a twisted story till their love affair with Obama ends.

Now, why does the media make hunters and sportsmen look like loony toons? Think about it people! It is all about their hidden agenda. Some news papers won't let us sell guns in the paper any more, Why? Why did we hear such a slanted presidential race? It's all about change.
There are alot of people who think milk and meat comes from the grocery store in the big cities. There are people with PETA that would love nothing more than to get our guns. There are many movie stars that hate hunters and trappers and would love to see it stop. Do you support their way of thinking? You bet you do! Know who they are and boycott their movies. Do what ever it takes. The bubble brains are at work at this very moment planning how to put a stop to hunting. They are going to tax guns and ammo so high that we won't be able to afford them. Then they will kick us off of federal land that we hunt on. Then they will start lawsuits against the firearms industry, and on and on. This is their approach, get us through the back door.

IF YOU DON'T BELONG TO THE NRA AND YOU VALUE YOUR RIGHTS, YOU BETTER GET ENVOLVED!

mrtibbs 04-06-2009 08:42 AM

Thanks for that, but I didn't know your President was anti-hunting...

mr.mc54 04-06-2009 11:24 AM

All you have to do is look at his record, although short, you see how he voted!

shottyhunter24 04-11-2009 12:52 PM

actually he personally only voted for one anti-automatic legislature in illinois
all the other of his are of the whole IL senate
that doesnt mean him

mr.mc54 04-11-2009 08:08 PM

Ohhhhh, That should make us all feel better![:-]:D

TJD 04-12-2009 01:24 PM

actually he personally only voted for one anti-automatic legislature in illinois
all the other of his are of the whole IL senate
that doesnt mean him
Part of the problem is that he has so little record...anywhere. Four years in the US Senate and while he was in the Illinois senate there were not many gun votes that he voted on.

But what is that saying, "You will know them by the company they keep"? Well, Chuck Schumer, Ted Kennedy, Bobby Rush,...need I say more?

But in answer to the original post, there is definitely a bias against hunters in the media. No question about it.