Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 700 Pound Bear Hit by Combine >

700 Pound Bear Hit by Combine

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

700 Pound Bear Hit by Combine

Old 03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default 700 Pound Bear Hit by Combine

I think I remember seeing this story on this website, but I can't find it any more. A black bear around 700 pounds was hit by a farmer on his combine. Then he paid to have it mounted after the DNR said he could have it. Then the DNR wanted it back, and they were arguing about that. Now the latest update. There was a bullet hole found in the bear. It turns out that when the farmer had hit it with his combine, it was already dead. There was an out of state hunter hunting the farmers land, and it turns out he shot it. When he was caught, his claim was that he thought he was shooting at a big buck. 700 lb black bear...big buck...they don't really go together. I don't have a link to this story, but I read about it in Wisconsin Outdoor News. I don't know what goes through these peoples mind.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 700 Pound Bear Hit by Combine

You are somewhat correct on your story. However the bear was still warm and steaming when hit by the combine. That is why the warden tagged the bear and sold it to the farmer.

Update; The farmer has filed a law suite against the DNR to recover the bear because he has a legal claim, in that he paid for and was transfered the ownership of the bear. The bear had been shot and the person who shot it was in court today and plead guilty. Therefore the farmer in his suite against the DNR says that the DNR no longer needs the bear for evidence against the deer hunter who , as it seems to me is a mennace to society. Any one who mistakes a bear for a deer is totally NUTS and shouldn't be hunting.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

Some so called "hunters" will shoot on movement and/or sound. Some literally do not knowthe differencebetween a deer andother animals. I am quitesure if you do a search you can find where cattle, horsesand goatshave beenshot.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a good example of that..Some people should not be allowed to hunt, if they do not know how to identify the animal they are huntng. It boggles my mind.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...?storyID=83370
Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a good example of that..Some people should not be allowed to hunt, if they do not know how to identify the animal they are huntng. It boggles my mind.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...?storyID=83370
How stupid do you have to be to mistake a horse for a deer? One's a horse and..... one's a deer! One weighs half a ton and one weighs 150lbs. Quite the size the difference there.

These people scare the crap outa me.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Not only that but the bear was hibernating, It was shot in a nest.
RC
Old 03-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

There are people out in the woods who not only don't know what they're shooting at, but they don't know enough to look for other hunters. I know of at least one person and have heard of others, who were bow hunting, and had a squirrel hunter shoot a squirrel out of the same tree he was in. SCARY. These people definately shouldn't be hunting, and they shouldn't be classified as "hunters" to the general public.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Redclub

RC
He wasn't hibernating In a cornfield. He was laying there cause he was shot.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: Redclub

RC
He wasn't hibernating In a cornfield. He was laying there cause he was shot.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!That was why he was covered with corn stalks? He was hibernating!!!!!!!!!!

The DNR charged the hunter for shooting a (HIBERNATING) BEAR, AS WELL AS SHOOTING A BEAR OUT OF SEASON.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Yep He was hibernating, bears commonly just find a depression in the ground to hibernate.
RC

Quick Reply: 700 Pound Bear Hit by Combine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.