HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Chicagoland Anti-Gun radio debate March 26th (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/290040-chicagoland-anti-gun-radio-debate-march-26th.html)

fastetti 03-24-2009 08:39 AM

Chicagoland Anti-Gun radio debate March 26th

I recently came across this on another website in Chicago. I thought I would post it on here for all of you to see. WGN has a pretty wide coverage across N. Illinois and if you are out of the area you can listen to it on the net as well. If you can please try and call in to voice your opinion. Being a pro-gun person in Chicago, I am def. in the minority and we need as much support as we can up here. Thanks and hope everyone can tune in.

ANTI-GUN RADIO DEBATE MARCH 26TH

Anti-gun Chicago talk show host Milt Rosenberg will be hosting a radio debate on the repeal of the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution on WGN Radio, AM 720, on Thursday March 26th.

Defending our Constitution will be Bob Levy, Chairman of the Cato Institute.

The debater who will be attacking our Constitution has not been named as of yet.

HERE IS WHAT YOU MUST DO TO DEFEND YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS:

1. Mark your calendar to listen to WGN Radio, AM 720, on Thursday, March 26, 2009 beginning at 9 PM. If you cannot receive WGN in your area, you can listen to the program live on the Internet at www.wgnradio.com

2. No matter where you live, please be sure to call the radio station's call in line at (312) 591-7200 and ask to speak your opinion on what has been said. It would be best if you voice support for the 2nd Amendment and Mr. Levy's statements rather than personally attacking whoever the antigunner is.

3. Please pass this alert on to all your gun-owning, freedom-loving friends, your gun club, and anyone else you know who would be interested in calling in to the radio show to defend our Constitution.

4. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you subscribe.

It is important that you call the radio station and continue to call until you get through to speak. The more pro-gun callers we get, the better. Don't let the antigunners use this forum as a vehicle for trampling on our Constitution!

Let's do what we can to generate a nation-wide response to this latest attack on our rights![/align]

salukipv1 03-24-2009 12:43 PM

RE: Chicagoland Anti-Gun radio debate March 26th

I'm in the greater chicagoland area...and I'm not certain I heard that chicago is now like washington dc...at least how DC use to be but a gun free zone? or no handguns in the city? or must they be registered?

I think I also heard they passed something so they could arrest more gangbangers who had guns...which made no sense to me. 1st off we have FOID cards in this state meaning any thug/gangbanger with a gun could be arrested for not having a card....and if you're a felon there's another reason you can't own a gun.

I'd like to see a statistic for the gun violence/murder rate in chicago, and see what percentage of those are gang related... gang on gang, gang on bystander, vs. just regular joe etc...

but ill try to keep and ear out for that radio program, try to keep us reminded...

drstalker 03-25-2009 05:03 PM

Thank's for the heads up Fastetti,I e-mailed a person that collects e-mails for Ted Nugent I don't know how far it will get with such short notice,but I asked if she could pass this info on.It would be excellent if Mr Nugent called,he has a way with words sometimes.

fastetti 03-26-2009 07:52 AM

DrStalker, good to here about the effort, it is pretty short notice but I just found out about it when I posted it. It should be an interesting radio show. Saluki, I agree with you. I would like to see how many of these crimes that were comitted with guns were comitted by people WITH FOID cards. That would bea stat that would heavily favor the legal gun owner.

Well, the debate is tonight at 9. I'll be tuning in for some of it and watching a little basketball at the same time. Hopefully the pro-gun people will win by a landslide!!

drstalker 03-27-2009 02:54 AM

I'm really sorry I missed the show,I wonder if it is recorded somewhere?

salukipv1 03-27-2009 08:41 AM

I tuned in for most of it, missed the first 15mins I think.

One thing I hear over and over again is what our founding forefathers had in mind....? and one thing I think of is who cares? why can't we just decide what we currently want....ie I think most citizens are in favor of responsible gun citizens being able to own and carry guns. Maybe I'm wrong and this is one of gun owners only "crutch". Personally I think our fore fathers wanted to avoid big gov't, which leads me to think why would they have been in support of only the government's militia having weapons/guns.

I hear the opposition say well our forefathers ment for a militia...to be able to own/have guns, not random citizens. So their point seems to be that our military should be only able to own and have guns not responsible citizens.