HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Preliminary 2009 Wisconsin Deer Season Structure (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/288923-preliminary-2009-wisconsin-deer-season-structure.html)

TJD 03-10-2009 08:37 PM

Preliminary 2009 Wisconsin Deer Season Structure

Well, here it is! Fewer EAB units...though given some of the units still in EAB had 20% drops in harvest in 2008, not sure why it is back anywhere!

For a larger version, click on the link below

http://media.journalinteractive.com/documents/deerseasonstructure2009.pdf

BowHuntingFool 03-10-2009 10:53 PM

RE: Preliminary 2009 Wisconsin Deer Season Structure

SWEET, one of my units is still EAB! Seen some bruisers there last year but no Buck tag! I now have a buck tag in my possession!

lrhuntr 03-11-2009 11:13 AM

Atleast they still have Kohler Andrae State Park on there. I heard rumors that they were going to close hunting in there. I'm glad they didn't! There's a lot of deer in there! As other state parks are very good for deer hunting aswell. Just hard to draw a tag for them. I got lucky last year! :D

Redclub 03-11-2009 03:49 PM

It is nice to see some changes .Where I live 63a is not EAB:DUnit 25 where I gun hunt is not herd control:DAbout time but the damage is done for a long time
RC

Trapper22 03-11-2009 04:49 PM

My area 73D and 74B are still EAB. I guess the DNR won't be happy until you seeno more than 1deera year hunting. Then they'll claim that's too many.

Save theWI deer herd ERADICATE the WI DNR!!!

mr.mc54 03-12-2009 03:53 PM

SWEET-my area isn't EAB! Go get them bruisers BHF.
On a different thought - How can the DNR have accurate counts with winter still here? Sounds like another guestimate to me. There is still deep snow in many areas of the state.:D:D

BowHuntingFool 03-13-2009 06:30 PM

Go get them bruisers BHF.

You betcha!;):D I can't wait to go and ENJOY my time spent in the woods! I wish you all the best of luck as well, thanks!!:)

cayugad 03-13-2009 08:41 PM

I am in aHerd Control Unit.I heard they are going to have a lot more meetings with locals about deer herd numbers. Should be interesting meetings..

Sswpriz 03-17-2009 09:39 AM

Someone needs to clear something up for me.
I hunt in section 9, far Northwest, and we have had the herd control, or whatever they used to call it before then for so long, I cant remember what they did before that. I now see that section 9 is a regular unit. Does that mean we are able to just shoot bucks only, or can we buy a doe tag ?? Someone, enlighten me.

lrhuntr 03-17-2009 10:55 AM

Phil- You'll have your gun buck and archery buck tags when you buy your license if you buy a patron license, and you should get a free doe tag along with that. You can buy additional doe tags for your specific unit (9) starting August 23 at noon. I don't think a regular unit is much different than a herd control unit, it's just that HCU doe tags are $2 compared to regular units that are $12.

Don't quote me on that tho, im no expert. New regulations haven't come out yet either.

1sagittarius 03-18-2009 05:32 PM

Nothing wrong with EAB
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp32/bridgebait/cropped8pt.jpg

hunt91 03-18-2009 07:44 PM

every hunter in wisconsin says that the populations are too low. really, the fact is that they are right where they should be for a healthy deer herd. im not happy about the EAB either but we wouldnt have this problem if some people would practice good herdsmanship. unfourtunatly haveing EAB is the only way some people will take does and keep the population in check.

Trapper22 03-19-2009 12:16 AM

So 1saagattarius in your way of thinking there never have been bucks like the one you're showing shot in WI before EAB. Interesting, I know of several large bucks that were taken way before EAB was ever implemented. Fact of the matter is morebucks have been getting to that size or largerall along without EAB. It can be tracked to several factors. QDM has been put into play in several areas, food sources, more land being blocked to openhunting by people with leases or urban sprawl.

To say that EAB is the sole reason for more large deer being harvested isa flat out lieat best. It may make a diffeence in some areas but not most.

Big bucks didn't get that way by EAB. A lot of them got that size by avoiding people and finding the best hiding spot or going where no one can go after them. A lot of them are harvested when they do make an error and come out at the wrong time in the wrong spot.

I guess the Jordan buck never should have been. He didn't have to shoot a doe first.

mr.mc54 03-19-2009 07:59 AM

Go Gettem Trapper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't give EAB credit for Big bucks. All EAB does is pi** off hunters. Some people just don't get it, big bucks come from letting little bucks grow up. Tell me how many nubbies get slaughtered when EAB is in a deer unit. These same dummies who like EAB, shoot any-thing with-out horns and say they like EAB. There is no way you can shoot antlerless deer and not mistake a nubbie, when you are in a hurry to get an antlerless deer-(so you can shoot a buck). Let hunters do the managing and counting and everything will be just fine. I think it is nonsense to say, that if allowed, hunters wouldn't take enough Does. I know how many deer are on my land and We always take mature Does to keep numbers in check.
To blame hunters for not doing their part in HERDSMANSHIP, as you call it, is LOON-ISY

BIG BUCKS COME FROM LETTING LITTLE BUCKS GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BowHuntingFool 03-19-2009 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: mr.mc54

Go Gettem Trapper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't give EAB credit for Big bucks. All EAB does is pi** off hunters. Some people just don't get it, big bucks come from letting little bucks grow up. Tell me how many nubbies get slaughtered when EAB is in a deer unit. These same dummies who like EAB, shoot any-thing with-out horns and say they like EAB. There is no way you can shoot antlerless deer and not mistake a nubbie, when you are in a hurry to get an antlerless deer-(so you can shoot a buck). Let hunters do the managing and counting and everything will be just fine. I think it is nonsense to say, that if allowed, hunters wouldn't take enough Does. I know how many deer are on my land and We always take mature Does to keep numbers in check.
To blame hunters for not doing their part in HERDSMANSHIP, as you call it, is LOON-ISY

BIG BUCKS COME FROM LETTING LITTLE BUCKS GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna bet...;) I passed several button bucks this season BECAUSE I can identify a deer in the woods. Just because you cannot tell the difference, don't assume the rest of us can't!;)

Dummies???? Speaking of growing up....Name calling now thats mature.:eek: [:'(] Good luck this season.

Trapper22 03-19-2009 12:28 PM

I'll flat out tell you right now before an accusation starts that a person like me doesn't like EAB because I will only shoot a buck. WRONG, I usually take the first adult size deer to come by me. I actually eat the meat, I just don't process it and let it freezer burn then throw it out or go drop it in a ditch after registering it.

I don't have the luxury of seeing a lot of deer in my units 73D and 74B. If I get too choosy I'll wind up not getting a shot all year. I also will add I prefer to shoot a buck because I don't see that many deer. See above where that was already said. Most yearsI've only had one opportunity to shoot a deer all year. If I wind up having a buck walk out and can't shoot it because I haven't earned a sticker I'm not going to be happy. There's a good chance that may be the only opportunity I'll get to harvest a deer. I had a dry spell in the90s and know there were years I didn't get a deer.

I'm not a horn hunter or a choosy hunter on deer hornsize. I'm happy to get one a year. I only take what I'll use and feel that's the way it should be. With that being said in thearea that I hunt according to the DNR we have too many deer. That's total BS if that was the case I'd see as many deer as I did back in the mid 1980s at the start of my hunting career. I don't see anywhere near those numbers. The land that I hunt is not QDM everyone is a deer hunter not a shopper. If you have a large tract of land in an area I can see where the QDM would work and all the hunters would abide by it. I hunt alone but am freinds withsome of the guys huntingon that land. Not enough to implement a QDM systemand I already know it wouldn't be something that would go over there.I'd say the success rate in that area over the last several years has been 50%-60%. I know most of the guys hunting in that immediate area. I don't know of any group being on a rampage to shoot everything because they have tags. Yet we don't see the big numbers that are supposedly there.

EAB is not well received in my area because people flat out aren't seeing the deer numbers period. The DNR thinks everyone has the opportunity to just walk out in the woods and shoot a doe any day of the week andthat's not the case. I hunted the early antlerless season last fall for all 4 days. Total deer seen 3, number of does seen 0!!! It sounds like an overpopulation of does doesn't it? And the DNR wants to kill more does to control the herd,what a frickin joke.

mr.mc54 03-19-2009 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFoolquote]
Wanna bet...;) I passed several button bucks this season BECAUSE I can identify a deer in the woods. Just because you cannot tell the difference, don't assume the rest of us can't!;)

Dummies???? Speaking of growing up....Name calling now thats mature.:eek: [:'(] Good luck this season.
Are you saying that you know that nubbies don't make up a large portion of the antlerless deer taken in EAB zones????
How many car killed deer (antlerless) do you guess are tagged for the EAB (buck tag). I would say that you are a liar if you can say that you can see the nubs on a running antlerless deer! :DThat my friend is how so many are mistaken for small does in areas where EAB rules apply. Maybe you only stand hunt and don't shoot at running deer, however you would be in the minority. Many late buck fawns havn't even crested the hair over their nubs by deer season. Maybe next deer season watch what is registered in an EAB unit, You will be shocked to see at least 25% nubbies.I have done it and I know what was shot in our area alone. Maybe then you will see everyone is not an eagle eye as you must be!! From my experience in the deer woods (44years) I know what goes on out there, and people shoot first then see the nubbies, after the kill. As far as me telling the difference-I only kill mule faced does, you know what they look like? :)I don't shoot little fork horns either. ;)

Now if the word DUMMY applies to YOU, wear it proudly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

BowHuntingFool 03-19-2009 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFoolquote]

Are you saying that you know that nubbies don't make up a large portion of the antlerless deer taken in EAB zones????
How many car killed deer (antlerless) do you guess are tagged for the EAB (buck tag). I would say that you are a liar if you can say that you can see the nubs on a running antlerless deer! :DThat my friend is how so many are mistaken for small does in areas where EAB rules apply. Maybe you only stand hunt and don't shoot at running deer, however you would be in the minority. Many late buck fawns havn't even crested the hair over their nubs by deer season. Maybe next deer season watch what is registered in an EAB unit, You will be shocked to see at least 25% nubbies. I have done it and I know what was shot in our area alone. Maybe then you will see everyone is not an eagle eye as you must be!! From my experience in the deer woods (44years) I know what goes on out there, and people shoot first then see the nubbies, after the kill. As far as me telling the difference-I only kill mule faced does, you know what they look like? :)I don't shoot little fork horns either. ;)

Now if the word DUMMY applies to YOU, wear it proudly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D
:D:D:D

Sweet, I knew you were going to go there....;) Typical arm chair biologist behavior and comments!:D:D:D Have a nice day. [8D]

cayugad 03-19-2009 04:19 PM

All I can add in the disagreement of nubbies... when I was forced to shoot a doe first (a deer I really did not want). I was as careful as could be not to shoot a nubbie. I took standing shots at anterless deer. And 99% of the time I had no idea of their sex untilAFTER I SHOT THEM. I then discovered that some were nubbies.

I used to get around this by shooting only LARGEanterless deer. But after the DNR let the population get shot off, that was not the case. Last year I would have been happy to even see a nubbie.

Now granted once in a while I could see the bumps on their heads, but a lot of times that just is not the case. And when a person wants to get this stupid EAB requirement of the way, theslaughter of an anterless, many times they do not care. Bowhuntingfool I am not doubting your ability to spot nubbies, but many either don't have that skill, or because of the EAB could care less. All they want to do is fill the requirement. Hence the buck population does suffer.

I will never forget the year I had one of the biggest bucks ever,walk in on me and stand there, and I had not shot a doe yet and had to let it pass.

Actually I decided after last year that I will not buy a tag this year. And, I am going to lock my land off and not allow anyone on it or to crossit to get to the National. I want to let the herd come back a little in my area. There is my great nephew that wanted to hunt, but after last year's joke of not seeing a single deer, that desire might have been stomped out of him. So he might not want to even hunt. Maybe this is the DNR's desire, to reduce the number of hunters as well... we should have them count the number of hunters that refuse to hunt because of the herd count from last year.

If I had a job where it was my duty to count deer and was off as much as they were last year (:eek: oops..wrong formula), I would expect to be unemployed. They probably got bonuses. After all they tricked a lot of people into buying a license last year, but I have a feeling this year is going to be much different.

BowHuntingFool 03-20-2009 09:50 AM

Dave, I learned long ago that if I don't want to shoot a BB to learn the difference. I did, I learned what they look like, their behavior and if I was unsure, let em' walk, no big deal! I'll also add if I need meat in the freezer, I'll shoot one in a heart beat, no big deal. EAB has its place where needed, if hunters did their jobs there would be no need for EAB, plain and simple!

I'm curious as to the folks that are not happy with their DMU's attended or are going to attend the meetings? I've been hearing the attendance is WAY down at some??? I wonder why that is??

mr.mc54 03-20-2009 12:43 PM

When there isn't anything more intelligent to say, blame the hunters!

Maybe the hunters are sitting home because they just plain ole hate the DNR and feel it is useless to waste their time listening to pinocheo blow hot air up their a**. Everyone I know is attending, if for no other reason than to vent how they feel about getting hornschwaggled with the EAB and how the numbers were so far off. I know from reading web sites and talking to other hunters that most hunters dislike the DNR and don't believe a word they say.Thats ok,

IF YOU LIKE EAB NOBODY CAN CHANGE YOUR MIND, JUST DON'T BLAME THE HUNTERS WHO JUST FOLLOWED THE RULES AND WERE MISS-LED BY MISS-COUNTS AND FAULTY PREDICTIONS!

Trapper22 03-20-2009 04:09 PM

BowhuntingFool why would you blame the hunters in the EAB areas for not doing there job??? That's a bit idiotic at best. I don't think you read my post or don't grasp the comprehension of it. I'm not a horn hunter andI've said that. I do prefer shoot a buck because I don't see the deer numbers that are supposedly there. I'd rather let a doe go if I have the choice of shooting one or the other at the same time. I don't know of anyone that is a horn hunter on the approx 600 acres of private landI hunt on. We've all done our jobs in harvesting antlerless deer along with bucks when we get the chance.

What everyone is pissed about is the steady decline of deer sightings over the last few years while the DNR implements an EAB for the first time in 2008 in 73D. The deer numbers have been going down in my area before EAB. Why in the hell did we get put in it then? It's political and greed of the DNR to inflate numbers to try to convince people the deer herd is out of control.

It islikely that the deer numbers are above goalin one area of a DMU without a doubt. But when the DNR blankets an entire DMUbecause of one small area all it's going to do is cause an even bigger decline in sightings in other areasand will harbor resentment from the hunters. That's already happening. I don't trust a DNR employee (herd counter)any farther than I could throw one. I doubt if it would be a problem to get several thousand hunters in the state to do justthat. It could be a game just like the DNR is treating deer hunting in this state.

BowHuntingFool 03-20-2009 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Trapper22

BowhuntingFool why would you blame the hunters in the EAB areas for not doing there job??? That's a bit idiotic at best. I don't think you read my post or don't grasp the comprehension of it. I'm not a horn hunter and I've said that. I do prefer shoot a buck because I don't see the deer numbers that are supposedly there. I'd rather let a doe go if I have the choice of shooting one or the other at the same time. I don't know of anyone that is a horn hunter on the approx 600 acres of private land I hunt on. We've all done our jobs in harvesting antlerless deer along with bucks when we get the chance.

What everyone is pissed about is the steady decline of deer sightings over the last few years while the DNR implements an EAB for the first time in 2008 in 73D. The deer numbers have been going down in my area before EAB. Why in the hell did we get put in it then? It's political and greed of the DNR to inflate numbers to try to convince people the deer herd is out of control.

It is likely that the deer numbers are above goal in one area of a DMU without a doubt. But when the DNR blankets an entire DMU because of one small area all it's going to do is cause an even bigger decline in sightings in other areas and will harbor resentment from the hunters. That's already happening. I don't trust a DNR employee (herd counter) any farther than I could throw one. I doubt if it would be a problem to get several thousand hunters in the state to do just that. It could be a game just like the DNR is treating deer hunting in this state.

Trap, maybe I was wrong on blaming "all" the hunters for not doing their jobs and not shooting enough Does. But you know and I know that there are old school guys out there that refuse to shoot does because they think it's taboo an are set in their ways and others also don't shoot em' to despite the DNR. Hence the sightings up in one area and down in another area of the same DMU. Like I said before there is a place for EAB in certain areas!

I also think "some" of the deer hunters have been spoiled in some areas of the state with the big numbers over the past few years. They want to be able to walk out into the woods and shoot a deer or two every time in the woods. Now that they may have to work a little for it they don't, they would rather look for a scape goat, they blame the DNR. There were a lot of deer killed this year so they are out there! Hell even my numbers were down a bit, I thought man the winter kill took a lot of deer this past year. Then late season bowhunting there were deer everywhere! Sure they yard up on the food sources but I was seeing big numbers on all the food sources! I counted 68 deer in one fiald while coyote hunting in late jan. Now where were these deer during the season, thats what I'd like to know!:D

I tell yo this, that job to count the deer is a ruthless one, I wouldn't want it, trying to please all the hunters, ain't gonna happen!

cayugad 03-21-2009 02:56 PM

I also think "some" of the deer hunters have been spoiled in some areas of the state with the big numbers over the past few years. They want to be able to walk out into the woods and shoot a deer or two every time in the woods.
But these people who do want to walk out and shoot a deer when theywant, are normally the people that do shoot does. So they endorse the EAB. I hunt to hunt. I like to shoot bucks. But last year, not even seeing a deer.. kind of hard to do that. And I worked at it. I changed stands, I stalked marshes, I went on drives, and no deer around my house.

What really cooked my bacon a few years backwas when I witnessed a hunting family (five hunters)with atree full of doe they were forced to shoot. I asked them how they were going to eat all of that venison, and they just laughed and said they had to shoot them in order to shoot at a buck. That to me was just wrong.

Personally I like seeing deer. The herd is gone. And so will be my hunting dollars. I just put stickers on my boat, so I guess I will fish for a while.Let the deer take a breather.

mr.mc54 03-22-2009 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool
Trap, maybe I was wrong on blaming "all" the hunters for not doing their jobs and not shooting enough Does. But you know and I know that there are old school guys out there that refuse to shoot does because they think it's taboo an are set in their ways and others also don't shoot em' to despite the DNR. Hence the sightings up in one area and down in another area of the same DMU. Like I said before there is a place for EAB in certain areas!

I also think "some" of the deer hunters have been spoiled in some areas of the state with the big numbers over the past few years. They want to be able to walk out into the woods and shoot a deer or two every time in the woods. Now that they may have to work a little for it they don't, they would rather look for a scape goat, they blame the DNR. There were a lot of deer killed this year so they are out there! Hell even my numbers were down a bit, I thought man the winter kill took a lot of deer this past year. Then late season bowhunting there were deer everywhere! Sure they yard up on the food sources but I was seeing big numbers on all the food sources! I counted 68 deer in one fiald while coyote hunting in late jan. Now where were these deer during the season, thats what I'd like to know!:D
I tell yo this, that job to count the deer is a ruthless one, I wouldn't want it, trying to please all the hunters, ain't gonna happen!
Yeah - The good ole DNR is having a real tough time doing their ruthless job! My heart bleeds for them. :(:(:(

IF THE DNR TOLD THE TRUETH AND ADMITTED THEY SCREWED UP WITH THEIR DEER NUMBERS THEIR JOB WOULD BE A LITTLE EASIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![8D]

As for the hunters looking for a (SCAPE GOAT) to pin the lack of deer on, the DNR is totally at fault for screwing up the deer numbers. Why not admit it????????????[:@][:@]

Go back in your posts BHF - seems to me you stated that you saw all kinds of deer, "bruisers" as you called them. That is why you like EAB, thats what you said then. Now you say, "hell even my numbers were down a bit". :eek:[:-]

Sounds tome likeyou would fit right in with the DNR!!!!!!!!!!!;):D

BowHuntingFool 03-22-2009 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Yeah - The good ole DNR is having a real tough time doing their ruthless job! My heart bleeds for them. :(:(:(

IF THE DNR TOLD THE TRUETH AND ADMITTED THEY SCREWED UP WITH THEIR DEER NUMBERS THEIR JOB WOULD BE A LITTLE EASIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![8D]

As for the hunters looking for a (SCAPE GOAT) to pin the lack of deer on, the DNR is totally at fault for screwing up the deer numbers. Why not admit it????????????[:@][:@]

Go back in your posts BHF - seems to me you stated that you saw all kinds of deer, "bruisers" as you called them. That is why you like EAB, thats what you said then. Now you say, "hell even my numbers were down a bit". :eek:[:-]

Sounds to me like you would fit right in with the DNR!!!!!!!!!!!;):D

Compared to the year before and the RECORD numbers I seen, yes my sightings were down a bit, but I knew that was going to be the case this season, I changed my style of hunting this year and went to a Longbow, successfully I might add as well. I set up completely different and in NEW areas. I'm not complaining one bit on the numbers I seen this year, just making a statement so don't go trying to put your own little twist on what I said to suit your needs, nice try! Yes, I seen all kinds of deer this year, plenty of big bucks, 2 or 3 at a time, couldn't shoot them, no buck tag, but that seems to bother you more than me! I'm happy with my season, not one complaint. I still have a Buck tag in my pocket and can't wait to spend my time in the woods again this year! Have fun in your box blind waiting.....[8D]

Oh yeah the DNR did admit it, did you find "your" scapegoat yet??;)

TJD 03-23-2009 11:39 AM

EAB is at least better than the goofy t-zone hunts that relatively few participate in anyway.

But the problem as I see it is the DNR's overall approach to the issue. It seems once again to be one of "Buy your tags! Give us your money, now go to h***!" We keep hearing the DNR say how hunters are "the primary deer management tool available". So even a bunch of governmental employees should be able to figure out that if they keep alienating hunters, they won't have that "deer management tool" available to them, at least not in near the capacity they are looking for.

And how have they gone about this? Let's take the example of unit 61, where I hunt. Back in 1993, when I first hunted there, the overwinter target was 25 deer per square mile (DSM). But antlerless tags were only available to those who filled out an application, and even then the chances of getting one were about 50%. In 1996, the DNR suddenly decided that the population in unit 61 was "too high". In addition, the overwinter goal was reduced, making it appear that the unit was even more overpopulated, and the first t-zones popped up. Then in 2001, we were told the population was WAY TOO HIGH, and the overwinter goal wasfurther reduced. Meanwhile, the amount of deer range remained roughly the same over this period. Due to an outcry from Buffalo County residents and outfitters, the DNR did slightly relent on the overwinter goals, raising them back up to levels set in the 1990's. Still, EAB and t-zone hunts remained, alienating residents and others who were being told not to believe their eyes...the DNR said there were more deer out there!

Then in 2005, we were told that EAB could go away if hunters harvested does vs. bucks at a ratio of 2:1 or better in 2006 and 2007. What happened? the 2:1 ratio was exceeded in each year, but EAB stayed in place. Why? Well, the DNR said that the 2:1 ratio had to apply to the whole region, not simply to each DMU. So, in other words, EAB was kept around in places like Dodge and Galesville because people near Neillsville ( about 100 miles away) did not shoot enough does.Apparently the DNR thinks that deer need to be managed like a migratory game bird, where what is harvested hundreds of miles away effects local units. Funny, I must have missed the memo stating that deer were now migrating hundreds of miles...:eek:

Now we look at 2009. EAB is still in place in unit 61, despite 2:1 doe to buck harvests continuing, and despite a roughly 20% drop in harvest in 2008 vs. 2007.

And some wonder why the DNR is not trusted?

mr.mc54 03-24-2009 05:53 AM

TJD-
I'm afraid we are in for more of the same this year. They are proposing larger DMU's. Now they will be screwing up their counts and predictions on a larger scale. I think they do their surveys at the wrong time of the year and this is why the present way of predicting the deer population is flawed. Correct me if i'm wrong on this, but they do the counts when alot of deer are still yarded up. Deer move a long way in the northern part of the state, and this could be part of the problem. I'm just throwing this out there, so somebody let me know if this theory is far fetched or could be a factor. I think it is a certain fact that in the past $$$$$$$$$$$ was their (DNR) reason for giving out so many tags.

Lets hear what others think!!!!!!