Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL  FOID card delay ?? >

IL FOID card delay ??

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL FOID card delay ??

Old 02-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default IL FOID card delay ??

Anybody else experiencing a big delay in getting their FOID renewed?

Mine's been in the works for 3 months now.

Can't get any info from the State Police either.
No response to an email I sent.
Can't ever get anything but a busy signal on the FOID information line.

Any other ideas?

Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: IL FOID card delay ??

Just call ISP....not sure that's the foid hotline? when I called before I got right through, but I think I called ISP, got right through, very knowledgeable too, very surprised on that, since nowadays seems everyone has to ask someone else who doesn't seem to know.

None the less, what a crock in IL ....FOID cards...psssh.

Usually I find right around the time you start complaining, the thing shows up in a few days! so keep an eye on the mail! ha.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 months is plain unacceptable, especially from a state agency in Illinois. Contact your State Rep's office.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep trying the phone number. I believe they only have 2 people that work the phone lines for the entire state.It took me a while to get through but once I did it was very helpful. Trying earlier in the morning, that is what I did.I had some problems with mine in October and the gentleman that was working was very helpful. It sounded like all people do is call and yell where there cards are at so if your polite it is usually a breathe of fresh air for them. Also, ask if there is a hold on it for any reason. I was told mine was going out the next day but then had a return phone call saying they couldn't send it out because my Drivers license had expired (which I didn't realize). If I wouldn't have been polite and the gentleman would have not called me back, I'd still be waiting for mine. Good luck though, not only is this president ruining our economy but making it even tougher to buy a gun in Illinois.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

How y'all put up with that FOID sheit is beyond my understanding, it's bad enough that they've abridged your Constitutional rights, but to make you wait that long on top of it? What a friggin' joke! It took less than a month for me to get an Indiana Lifetime Concealed Carry license, and the sheriff's office even did all the paperwork for me, all I had to do was mail the state police paperwork with the money order. Y'all need to consider moving or something...
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ISP's FOID office is just a little backed up right now due to (can you believe this!) - understaffing. There is a specific number of days that you are supposed to either be issuedor denied. They are also required to inform you when it is going to expire a specific time period prior to it actually expiring but that seldom happens. (Uh budget cuts?)

Also I hope some guys will heed this! DON'T WAIT UNTIL HUNTING SEASON IS NEXT WEEK TO LOOK AND SEE YOUR CARD IS READY TO EXPIRE AND FIND YOURSELF WITH YOUR BACK AGAINST THE WALL.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

My dad and I went to renewours about 10 years ago and someone with the same name (first and last ) was wanted for something, I dont even remember what. It took us over 6 months to get them. Luckily our foids did not run out before we got them. Mine is good for another year, I hope I do not have to go that long again, but I will reapply before it comes due.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

How y'all put up with that FOID sheit is beyond my understanding, it's bad enough that they've abridged your Constitutional rights, but to make you wait that long on top of it? What a friggin' joke! It took less than a month for me to get an Indiana Lifetime Concealed Carry license, and the sheriff's office even did all the paperwork for me, all I had to do was mail the state police paperwork with the money order. Y'all need to consider moving or something...
Better grab your rear and hold on then! Check out what what theDems are trying to get through!
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-45
Old 02-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, mine expires 4/09. I just renewed mine yesterday 2/27/09. We'll see how long this takes.[:@]
Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Spike

I just renewed mine around a month ago and probably received the card 2 weeks after submitting the app?

Quick Reply: IL FOID card delay ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.