Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 WI. EAB on choping block >

WI. EAB on choping block

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI. EAB on choping block

Old 01-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default WI. EAB on choping block

"WI. EAB will be on the chopping block in the conservation meetings this spring!"
This is a quote from the front page of the Eau Claire Leader Telegram. The hunters have created enough of a fuss that this is the top thing on the agenda this spring at the conservation meetings.

THE CONSERVATION MEETINGS WILL BE HELD ON APRIL, 13TH 7:00 PM IN EVERY COUNTY OF WISCONSIN!

WATCH YOUR PAPER FOR THE PLACE IT WILL BE HELD.

MAKE IT A POINT TO BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 AM

Default RE: WI. EAB on choping block

I will be there
Old 01-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

once i find out where its at here in grant county ill be going to it
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

CALL YOUR LOCAL DNR OFFICE OR WATCH THE PAPER!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

bout time!!! im done monkeying around with haveing to pass up bucks waiting for a decent doe. i hav had chances at getting qualified with fawns but i refuse to let the DNR push me into shooting a "baby".
Old 01-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm all for EAB, I'll be at the meeting in my area!!!!!!! I seen nothing but big bucks in the unit I hunt thats EAB, the other thats not EAB, not so much! I also seen plenty of Does in both units!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

EAB works in areas with an overpopulation of does and deer in general, the problem is that the DNR does not have a handle on how to accurately count deer populations and therefore EAB is being implemented in alot of areas it should not be and decimating the deer herds there. It needs to be re-structured or dropped entirely before all of Wi. is barren of whitetail deer!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:28 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

EAB works in areas with an overpopulation of does and deer in general, the problem is that the DNR does not have a handle on how to accurately count deer populations and therefore EAB is being implemented in alot of areas it should not be and decimating the deer herds there.
Yes, that's right. And as far as thinking EAB is a good policy...tell you what...if you have too many does in your unit, try shooting some! Try talking to the neighbors and have them shoot some.

EAB is another governmental effort to say

"The public is too stupid and needs us at the DNR to force them to shoot antlerless deer, despite the fact that their own eyes have told them there are fewer deer. Forget about the fact that as farmers controlling crop damage involves shooting does. Forget about the fact that landowners have an interest in shooting does to make sure trophy bucks are on their land. They are dumb, we at the DNR are smart, and they need to listen to us."

If you buy that logic...well...then I guess you believe other governmental myths, likethe DMV is efficient, and $2,000 toilet seats are fairly priced.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

I suppose you have seen lot's of big bucks walk since you have to shoot a doe first or areyou,one of the guy's that tag road kills to get your buck tag? Yousound just like the DNR, saying, "because there are lots of deer here -every other area has lots of deer". (EVERY AREA IS DIFFERENT) , THAT IS WHY WE HAVE AREAS LIKE MINE THAT HAVE ONE DEER IN FORTY ACRES. If you are truely seeing lots of big bucks and also lots of does tell the DNR and they will help you out and then you can be like the rest of the state-(NO DEER.)

If your neighbors shoot all your does, like many hunters viewing this forum have had happen,then tell us how you feel about earn a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO - IF YOU SEE NOTHING BUT BIG BUCKS IN YOUR AREA - WHERE ARE THEY COMMING FROM?
WITHOUT DOES, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY DEER.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I'm all for EAB, I'll be at the meeting in my area!!!!!!! I seen nothing but big bucks in the unit I hunt thats EAB, the other thats not EAB, not so much! I also seen plenty of Does in both units!
Obviously you don't hunt in northern Wisconsin. They don't have earn-a-buck up there yet, but then again, a good season is seeing one buck all season, and maybe that many does. Also, the unit I bowhunt in Southern Wisconsin has been put on an EAB watch list for next year. Maybe when the DNR realizes how much the herd is down, which they probobly won't, they will scratch EAB. If you think that you need earn a buck, then you go ahead and shoot a few does. The rest of the state doesn't need it.

Quick Reply: WI. EAB on choping block

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.