Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI. >

Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI.

According to an article in the Eau claire Leader Telegram - Our good old Gov. wants to tax everyhunter in WI. to help make up the budget deficit. It goes on to say that a surcharge of $100.00 per deer taken by hunterswould amount to $50 milliondollars for the state. This stems from a EPA proposal to tax every Dairy cow in the state $175.00. What do you think? So much for a Gov who is a friend of hunters and cares much for our Natural Resources. WHAT JIM DOYL DID WAS JUGGLE FUNDS FROM ANY PLACE HE COULD GET HIS HANDS ON AND USED IT TO BALANCE THE BUDGET.

I'M SURE THERE WILL BE MORE TO COME FROM THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARTICLE POWERED BY: INFORM.COM
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI.

Can you say screwed! sorry for the dairy farmers also! typical politicans don't know nothing ! sorry to hear that. our Gov. here in MI. is not much better either!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Spike

With stupid ideas like this you really wonder how he stays in office.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

This deer tax thing was a joke, which appears to have been a write in opinion, "tongue in cheek",inresponse to the EPA's cow/pig methane tax idea. There was never any thought of Wisconsin having deer tax by any elected official.

mr.mc54is yanking your chain with false information.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Fork Horn

Can you put a link up. I checked the Telegram.com and can't find anything but a cigarette tax article. Also checked around the internet and nothing, please post link.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Spike

That is absolutely the dumbest thing I've heard. It's not worth it. If it happensI forsee deer registrations going waydown. Who's going to collect this? The registration station or a bill in the mail?

Spend $24.00on a license. plus varied amounts on supplies ammo,gas,snacks,hotels then if you shoot a deer, which are hard to find in many areas, another $100.00. Ridiculous. Some people already have an insane amount in deer huntingalready. Processing fees can alsoget very high for some people, $300 to $400 for a deer.

Here's another idea any so called hunter/sportsman that voted for Jim Doyle can pay $10,000 to help balance the budget. It's why you don't vote for Democrats if you like hunting or owning firearms period. Ron Kind lost my vote this year when he strongly supported Barrack Obama. Ron Kind supposedly hunts and has supported some gun owners rights but when he done that I can't support him. I actually had voted for him in the past but never Doyle or a Dem. for president.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

It will never happen. Noone in their right mind will ever pass that.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1sagittarius

Raising the Non-Resident deer license fees to $400 (like Illinois and Iowa) would raise and additional $9 Million for the politicians.
No it won't, you're forgetting to factor in that the number of licenses sold will plummet. How many people are really willing to pay that to hunt an animal they probably have in their own state?? I'll pay $600 for a combo elk/muley tag once every 2-3 years as I rarely get to hunt them, but I won't even pay $100 to get a non-resident tag to my family's land in Michigan when I can get an Indiana tag for $20 or so.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Trapper -

This proposal Won't pass, I hope, however Doyle is searching for creative ways to balance the budget and fix the mess he created. There are those tree huggers, anti-hunters,and anti-guns peoplein politics that would vote for this type of legislation to up their agenda. This article shows how the GREEN MOVEMENT will stop at nothing to get their agenda passed. It says that the reason for this proposed tax on cows is all the pooping and farting of the cattle is creating green house gas and affects the climate.

This is so stupid I couldn't believe what I read. The person did part of this article with tongue in cheek but as he states in the article-"considering some of the wild ideas that come from our electedofficials and the appointed experts this is not far fetched"

PERHAPS DOYLE WILL TAX THE BEER-DRINKING HUNTERS - ONE SURE DOESN'T WANT TO BE DOWN WIND OF THEM.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now why didn't our dumb ass Gov. try that?? He wouldn't have had to shake down that children's hospital or try to sell Obama's Senate Seat.......

Quick Reply: Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.