Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 hunters willing to go to spring meetings /WI >

hunters willing to go to spring meetings /WI

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

hunters willing to go to spring meetings /WI

Old 01-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hunters willing to go to spring meetings /WI

rage2blade

THEN JUST DO IT, KILL EM ALL!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY DEER LEFT, DON'T WHINE ABOUT IT. That is the point on this thread. Its past the DNR now-its time to act. The meetings are a good place to start.
SHOOT EVERY DEER ON YOUR PLACE IT WON'T BOTHER ME! I'll still have deer on mine cause we care enough to limit ourselves for a year or two. Some areas are different than others as said before so only responsible hunters would know what they have in any given area.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: mr.mc54

rage2blade

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY DEER LEFT, DON'T WHINE ABOUT IT.
Have I ever whined about it?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: mr.mc54

rage2blade

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY DEER LEFT, DON'T WHINE ABOUT IT. That is the point on this thread. Its past the DNR now-its time to act. The meetings are a good place to start.
SHOOT EVERY DEER ON YOUR PLACE IT WON'T BOTHER ME! I'll still have deer on mine cause we care enough to limit ourselves for a year or two. Some areas are different than others as said before so only responsible hunters would know what they have in any given area.
You never did anwser my question mr.mc54
Old 01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Has it ever occured to you that people have more in life to do then just B#$ch about the DNR.
Yep...and they have more in life than posting on hunting message boards, too....OOOPS!...

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a governmental agency, supposedly one that is accountable to the people, that has a multimillion dollar annual budget...to be accountable to the group that supplies roughly 30% of their funding: hunters. Part of that accountability means hearing from hunters when they basically promise a near record harvest due to record deer numbers, and turn out to be off by 20% or more...they deserve to have an earful.

Whether or not you want to attend the meetings is up to you...frankly, as I stated earlier, the meetings tend to be a show staged because the DNR is required to have them. Still, the DNR has modified some rules in the past due to public input.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I plan on attending the meetings this spring in Greenwood. I think that we as hunters and sportsman, need to attend these meetings as much as possible.The DNR HAVE to hear it from us as a group. We know whats going on better than they do. We know that the deer herd is in jeapordy if they keep up with all the TZONE and EAB crap. They need to drop that crap and go back to the way it used to be. Buck tag, and if you wanted a doe tag, then buy one or two. The DNR needs to be told that they are messing up and its ruining hunting in WI.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TJD; Part of that accountability means hearing from hunters when they basically promise a near record harvest due to record deer numbers, and turn out to be off by 20% or more...they deserve to have an earful.
Deer harvests were down in Minnesota, MIchigan, and Ohio too. Hunters in those states are saying the exact same things as some Wisconsin hunters. I don't think the Wisconsin DNR had anything to do with the MN, MI, and OH deer herds.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

I guess people have the right to attend the meetings or not, but everybody as hunters needs to realize that something has to give. People that are still going to go with the "brown is down" theory and just donate what they don't need are setting themselves up for failure when it catches up with there immediate area and the deer numbers are way down. The theory of shooting all of the does to get big bucks only works when there are does. No does = no deer. And also about the mention of Minnesota 1saggitarius: since you are such an expert on there deer herd how many doe tags can a person get in Minnesota for $2. There DNR doesn't pretty much give away doe tags to decimate there herd. So really you are comparing apples to oranges!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Deer harvests were down in Minnesota, MIchigan, and Ohio too. Hunters in those states are saying the exact same things as some Wisconsin hunters. I don't think the Wisconsin DNR had anything to do with the MN, MI, and OH deer herds.
I would guess 1saggitarius you're 100% correct on that statement. Wisconsin had little to do with the deer herds in the other States. We can't argue that.And the reasons for the other states decline is their problem. And your point is?

We know the Wisconsin DNR sure had a LOT to do with the declining deer herd in this State without question. Earn a buck, doe tags, extra doe tags, doe only.... As my father will tell you.. Shoot all the cows in the barn and I bet you have a lousy calf crop in the spring.

What bothers me the worst is for the last three years (especially)I attended these area meetings. I told the DNR people there the herd was being shot off. That the killing of does had to stop or some areas would be deer less. And they stood right there, and shook their heads in agreement and said they were aware of the problem. So what good did it do? Did they stop the doe tags? No, they actually increased them. So what good does it do to go to the meetings when the DNR does not give a good you know what, of what you're trying to tell them?

But I will go to the meetings this year too.I am also going to ask them whether they actually listen at the meetings of just put their head up their you know what and do what they want. I am going to make it uncomfortable for them if at all possible.

So, I am not going to purchase a license. I am also going to talk everyone I know into not purchasing a license. And also all the land owners I know to forbid anyone to cross their property to reach the national forest. Maybe do this for a couple years. If enough of us get together, we can hurt their (DNR)wallet. Maybe it will hurt some of the other programs out there. That is a shame. Maybe some of them might loose their jobs. But if enough of us do this, it will get their attention, and they will be forced to take notice. What ever it takes. I will work to get the herd back in numbers in my area. Any way I can. Because talking at their meetings never did any good.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

[So, I am not going to purchase a license. I am also going to talk everyone I know into not purchasing a license. And also all the land owners I know to forbid anyone to cross their property to reach the national forest. Maybe do this for a couple years. If enough of us get together, we can hurt their (DNR)wallet. Maybe it will hurt some of the other programs out there. That is a shame. Maybe some of them might loose their jobs. But if enough of us do this, it will get their attention, and they will be forced to take notice. What ever it takes. I will work to get the herd back in numbers in my area. Any way I can. Because talking at their meetings never did any good.
YOU SAID IT ALL IN THIS QUOTE CAYUDAD-IT'S ALL ABOUT GETTING ENVOLVED INSTEAD OF JUST FLAPPING YOUR GUMS AND THENBUSINESS AS USUAL. SOME PEOPLE WILL KILL THE LAST DEER ON THERE LAND (BECAUSE THEY LOVE HUNTING TOO MUCH). DON'T WE ALL?

IF THEY TRUELY LOVE HUNTING I THINK THEY WOULD GET ENVOLVED!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

I'll take your word for that. But...did the DNR's in those respective states also predict record or near record harvests, and also expand the number of herd control units ( or increase the requirement to harvest antlerless deer like we did here in Wisconsin)? If so, then there needs to be a complete reassessment of the accuracy..or lack thereof... of the SAK method of estimating deer population. If not...then why did our states' DNR seem to be completely oblivious to the effects of the toughest winter in several years on deer population?