Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Shed Hunting in western wisconsin >

Shed Hunting in western wisconsin

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Shed Hunting in western wisconsin

Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 AM

Default RE: Shed Hunting in western wisconsin

Hey Guys,

I went looking on public land near Eau Claire last weekend after the Deer Expo. Lots of sign, no sheds. Seen two bucks with their antlers on yet. Lots of food available and not enough snow. The Deer have it easy down there and are not stressed enough to lose them yet. I did go out in Price and Lincoln county the last two days. Lots of snow, not as many food sources. Found a spike and a really nice 3pt. Both days I found one within the first five minutes of looking and then nothing. Going out again today
Old 02-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Found another. 4 points. It was under some red pines in the middle of a couple deer beds. Snow is deep, up to my knees deep. I'll try and upload some pics as soon as I find the camera cord. Good Luck
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 PM

What area is that?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM

Price County was east of Phillips in the National Forest....lots of wolf sign. Lincoln was just outside of Tomahawk.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM

Anyone gettin out this weekend....the weather is going to be great!!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:35 AM

I'm in central Wis. Did a little checking on a couple of spots and found four on Tues. A 2.5 set, left side of a 2.5 and one side of a 1.5. To much snow yet!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 AM

headin out right now........be back with an update!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 AM

You know, I am glad that I joined this forum. Awesome PY Bucks and Good luck rage2blade. I think that I get more excited about Shed Hunting than I do actually hunting. I say this because when I go shed hunting, my heart is pounding and I am excited the entire time I am out there. Don't get me wrong, when any deer is walking around by my stand I am pumped. Its just that when I don't see any deer I have to keep calm and breathe slowly, move slowly so I don't spook them if I don't see them. You don't have to worry about all that when looking for sheds. My heart pounds, i'm excited just knowing that at any moment I might walk up on another trophy. I can spot and stalk it or I can just all out run to it and its not going to spook and run away and I'm not going to miss it. I love it!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Spike

Went out this past weekend...no luck...ton of sign...and saw 7 deer...saw a group of six and pretty sure there had to be a couple antlerless bucks among them as the deer looked relatively big. Some pics...

Couple deer of the group of six...was around 30 yards from them...

Found the most sign of deer around the hedgeapple trees...with all of the snow we have had this looks to be one of their available food sources...

Old 02-07-2009, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: rage2blade

headin out right now........be back with an update!

I managed to find 2 sheds. One 3.5 5pt. side. I found the same shed last year of the same buck. I also found a 2.5 6pt. side with spit G2's. going back out today.

Quick Reply: Shed Hunting in western wisconsin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.