Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana permit for impaired hunters >

Indiana permit for impaired hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana permit for impaired hunters

Old 12-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Indiana permit for impaired hunters

My knee has gotten worst again. My doctor told me to stop walking on it till we get it fixed. I do not plan on another surgery.
He told me more then likely it is arthritis from the damage i had surgery for last year.
I was reading that Indiana has a permit for walking impaired hunters. Do any of you know how i go about getting it and what it allows you to do and not do. I read it allows you to use the access road normally off limits.
How hard is it to get and how long does it take also where do i get the paper work.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana permit for impaired hunters

you have to call indianapolis 317-232-4200 to get a form to fill out,if it was me i would have a fax number
ready and waiting for them you take that form to your doc. then send back for approval.There is different stages
of disability hunting for one guy i know he can us crossbow all year instead of just late season and he can drive
out to pick up his kill where no one else can. (hand injury) you may get to do more
Old 12-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Indiana permit for impaired hunters

Ya i know about the crossbow thing. I thought about it in ky when i bought my bow has i have a bad shoulder from a car wreck. But it really does not effect me drawing my bow i just have to watch how many times i shoot when i shoot.
I do not want to hunt from a truck or atv. Ican walk some. What i would like use the use of the access roads to get to my spots. Heck on of my spots is 1 milein the woods. If i used the access road i walk down it would cut my walking down to300 yards.
ORIGINAL: hunting junkie

you have to call indianapolis 317-232-4200 to get a form to fill out,if it was me i would have a fax number
ready and waiting for them you take that form to your doc. then send back for approval.There is different stages
of disability hunting for one guy i know he can us crossbow all year instead of just late season and he can drive
out to pick up his kill where no one else can. (hand injury) you may get to do more