HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Dead Wisconsin deer hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/276458-dead-wisconsin-deer-hunting.html)

dejager 12-02-2008 08:18 AM

Dead Wisconsin deer hunting

Who all had a dead not seeing much Wisconsindeer season

wis_bow_huntr 12-02-2008 08:23 AM

RE: Dead Wisconsin deer hunting

Dead as can be, hunted all 9 days and we got 3 deer total, only 2 were off our property. saw more deer last day than all season.

Centauri 12-02-2008 02:39 PM

Nothing seen at all in 3 days of hunting. 1.7 million deer and wolves don't do anything my a&%

wis_rifle_hunter 12-02-2008 03:54 PM

i guess i didnt have it to bad. i saw 15 deer the whole season and 7 of them were bucks

instinct 12-02-2008 05:46 PM

Everybody I talked to said it was their worst season in years. As for me and my group I personally seen around 40 or so the whole season 5 bucks the rest were does and fawns. I shot a big 8. My buddies son shot a big 10. Our crew shot 14. We also found 4 decent bucks dead in the woods.

golfpro 12-02-2008 06:35 PM

Pretty simple deal. The dnr gets huge money from insurance companies, dnr inflates deer numbers, hunters kill all the deer, insurance pays for no car deer crashes. Anybodyno anything about Colorado? Same thing was happening there about 20 years ago until resort owners, hotel owners and sportsman filed a lawsuit against there own dnr to stop the killing and start managing. Now they probably have the best mule deer hunting in the world. The hunters of wis have to standup for what we believe in and file a suit. This can stop but we need to do something. The lobbiest are killing us.

passthrough24 12-02-2008 07:04 PM

I actually did shoot a buck this year but as far as deer sightings it was the worst ever by far!!!! The DNR is an absolute JOKE!!!! I have a couple cousins who are just turning 12 and i was looking foward to taking them bowhunting next year...however now I think I will be getting them into duck hunting instead...unless you have a very particular piece of private land to hunt its not worh it!!! I am honestly sad, I just got married and it has allways been my dream to take my children bowhunting with me...doesnt look like that will be happening in this state!!!!

passthrough24 12-02-2008 07:06 PM

I would love to do something to change hunting back to what it should be if there was a way....

wis_bow_huntr 12-03-2008 04:55 AM

There is a way, but the DNR just wont do it. They arent listening to the hunters. Ive talked to close to 40 people in my area already that are not buying a deer license next year. They are hanging it up for one year and see if that helps. I think we as WI hunters need to come up with some sort of petition and send it to Madison. Just not sure if it would help or not.

ORIGINAL: passthrough24

I would love to do something to change hunting back to what it should be if there was a way....

Haus/WI 12-03-2008 06:22 AM

A buddy of mine hunts in the Nicolet with a group of 10 guys and only one deer was seen. Don't worry though, the DNR said the wolves are at their carrying capacity! :D