Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:31 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If hunter numbers drop, and harvest rates drop, and deer population increases for more than a year or so, we will likely see more EAB, possibly some double EAB (two doe for 1 buck) and possibly some doe only zones. Oh and license costs go up for those remaining hunters, and those who decide to hunt in the future.
How's that sound fellas?

The DNR is like the Grim Reaper. It will get you in the end.

Sure!...right...the DNR knows all, sees all, and should just be able to rule by decree....like a bunch of feudal lords accountable to no one.

And, under yourscenario that sort of resembles a hippie on a bad acid flash...,since the DNR has once again given hunters and landowners a certain hand gesture using a particular finger by implemening more brain-dead policies, the number of hunters drops further, the DNR loses the 30% credibility rating they now have, the deer population explodes to 5 million due to lack of hunting pressure, state legislators raise he** since spending related to deer hunting plunges, and sales of hunting licenses drop to insignificant levels resulting in a huge budget shortfall at the DNR necessitating the layoff of the morons who came up with the faulty estimates and so-called "deer management" solutions that created this mess....Hey, sounds like a perfect storm to abolish the DNR altogether!

Why wait??
Old 12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mr.mc54

WI BUCKS:

THE WAY IT IS NOW,I WOULD BE GLAD TO SEE TWO DEER A DAY. We used to see 10-15 a day till last year . Then it went down to 1-3 deer. This year it was 2 deer all season! That is why every one is outraged with the DNR. What do you think of CWD? Are you afraid to eat the deer you take? Like I said before If it looks sick don't eat it. I hunted many years in the south east area of WI and ate the deer- it never hurt us any.
I'm really not too concerned about CWD anymore. The only difference is we bone out our meat now and don't touch the neck meat. As for hunting its pretty simple, get a doe then hunt big bucks, someone gets a buck then try to get a doe again we don't go nuts and shoot every doe that walks. I got bit in the a** once where I saw a giant buck but had to let him walk cuz no tag but I'd rather do that then have 3-4 unused buck tags at the end of the season. I talked toalot of guys in the CWD that are hunting that way now and buck tags are treated like gold and saved for bigger bucks. We're lucky and haven't seen any sick looking deer but if we did it would be killed.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Handles-

I didn't say you have a pea brain- But if the shoe fits wear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You take every thing any one says and misconstrues it. Every one on here seems to think the same way except you. YOU ARE the same as the DNR- always right and no exceptions. You know what? If they raise lisences , no one will buy them and then where will you and your wonderful DNR be. Shoot two does for one buck? Ha.. you are really grasping at straws now! The DNR the (GRIM REAPER) you said, that is exactly what they are . Your logic can't be comprehended by a person of normal intelligence.
(JUST LIKE THE DNR) If you don't know how to solve a problem, just make something up!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

The main problem with the WDNR is that it is ran by the Governor... The 1st thing Adolf Doyle did when he got into office is fire all the knowledgeable DNR leaders and give all of his campaign fund raisers cushy jobs.
About the Secretary of Natural Resources
Gov. Jim Doyle appointed Madison attorney and outdoor enthusiast P. Scott Hassett as DNR secretary in January 2003.

P. Scott Hassett

P. Scott Hassett, Secretary Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
Scott Hassett came to the DNR from a 22-year career practicing law in the private sector, primarily working on employment, criminal and environmental litigation cases.
Here is a quote out of a letter "H*******" sent out to the employees of the DNR under his command after getting his cushy "no experiancve" "no wildlife education" job.
As you know, I’m an outsider in DNR. I did not come up through the ranks. I have a fresh pair of eyes. I try to ask probing questions and listen carefully. That comes from my training as a journalist and attorney. I also am a results-oriented person, and I have a mandate from the Governor to lead change in the DNR.

How about this: ( Remember, rthese uneducated Bozo buddies are the ones making the decisions )

Smith ouster is called ‘political’

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 4:44 PM EST
By Dean Bortz Editor

Madison — Several Wisconsin conservation veterans believe DNR leadership abilities took a step backward last month when DNR Deputy Secretary Bill Smith was removed as the agency’s second in command.

He is going to be replaced by the current DNR executive assistant Mary Schlaefer. She will be replaced by Randy Romanski, who is Gov. Jim Doyle’s deputy chief of staff and former executive assistant at the Department of Transportation.

Several conservation leaders did not want to be identified, but agreed that Smith’s experience and knowledge on resource issues and management will be sorely missed. They called Smith’s removal a bad move.

Former DNR secretary and current Wisconsin Wildlife Federation executive director George Meyer didn’t hide his displeasure with the decision.

“Not only is his loss of great concern, but now we have the three top people in the agency and the great majority of division administrators with four or less years of experience in the agency,” Meyer said. “While they are all fine people, this is a great loss to conservation in Wisconsin and illustrates in spades why we need to return to an agency managed by a designee of the Natural Resources Board and true professional natural resource management in this state.”

Retired Natural Resources Board member Herb Behnke, of Shawano, said DNR Secretary Scott Hassett and Doyle made a mistake in removing Smith.

“There’s no one there now who has any experience in resource management. People like Bill Smith, who have been in the field and know what’s going on, should rise to the top and be the decision makers, but that’s not happening now,” Behnke said.

“We’re not in good shape at all now, as far as resource management goes,” he said. “Bill understood the workings of the DNR, he earned the right to be there. He did a good job there in the last four years, managing the day-to-day operations of the DNR.

“Mary is a fine person, I know her. She’s a great lawyer, but she does not have any resource management background at all, Behnke said.

Lee Kernen, of Montello, is the DNR’s former fisheries chief and now a columnist for Wisconsin Outdoor News. Kernen worked with Smith when Smith was the Northwest Region director.

“Bill is a great guy and a good guy to work for. He’s the person who held the DNR together until Scott Hassett got his feet on the ground,” Kernen said.

One of the conservation leaders who wished to remain unnamed said Smith’s departure is a “huge loss.”

“It is obviously a political move. These people have no resource background - it was good to know that the second in command (Smith) had a good resource background,” one source said.

Another source added: “We have to be concerned about this. The question is, is DNR going to be a resource agency led by professional resource people? Their decisions affect everything we do, and some of these issues are incredibly complex. Who is going to be making those decisions? They may do a good job but, but should we not have some institutional history at the top?”
Behnke said Smith’s removal now brings Wisconsin conservation efforts full circle in the past 80 years.

“Eighty years ago, Aldo Leopold, Bill Aberg, and Haskell Noyes got the Legislature to separate politics from conservation decisions, but now we’re back to where politicians are making the decisions instead of career employees, and that’s not a good situation,” he said.

Doyle announced the changes in a press release late on Friday, Dec. 29, just before the long New Year’s weekend. Meyer pointed out that those types of news releases often are used by politicians who know their decisions are going to be unpopular with the public. In today’s electronic news world, that Friday announcement is long forgotten by Tuesday morning, and news outlets go on to newer, fresher stories.

“Ever wonder why these decisions are revealed the Friday before a holiday?” Meyer asked.

The news release points out that Romanski grew up fishing on the Wisconsin River, but critics of the move wonder how that translates into Romanski being able to make major natural resources management decisions.
Romanski has a master’s degree in public policy and administration from UW-Madison and worked as chief of staff for Sen. Alice Clausing. From June of 2005 through December he served as Doyle’s deputy chief of staff.

Schlaefer has no background in natural resources, but she knew Doyle when she worked in the attorney general’s office.

Smith’s future role within the DNR was not announced, but he will turn 57 this fall, making him eligible to retire from the agency.

Hassett did not return an e-mail from Wisconsin Outdoor News before press time for this issue.

“This is a real true loss to the agency and to sportsmen and women. This lack of experience at the top (of the DNR) is a true conservation travesty,” Meyer said.
Doyle's new term begins with appointments
Wisconsin Gov. Jim Doyle has appointed Sean Dilweg as the state's new commissioner of insurance.
Dilweg will ensure that the insurance industry continues to be a vibrant part of the Wisconsin economy
And maybe some more cash domations for the ol campain fund, eh Adolf?

Other appointments for Doyle's second term as governor, which began today, include:
- Dan Schooff as deputy secretary of the Department of Administration. Schooff most recently served as campaign manager for Doyle's reelection campaign
Patrick Henderson as the executive assistant at the Department of Administration. Henderson previously was Doyle's legislative director.

H******* (Ooops meant "Hassett" ) was appointed to Secretary of the DNR by Adolf Doyle in exchage for political favors. The article you read in the journal was placed there as a political scheme to make H******* look good in the eyes of hunters.
Plain and simple, he is a crimanal lawyer, not a wildlife expert.

I don't like the way he is threatening DNR workers to be fired if they speak up about what he is doing wrong. I also don't like his "mandate from the Gov." to loosen enviromental laws and do more to make it easier for big rich companies to polute our water and air in the name of bringing work to Wisconsin for his Boss Adolf.

The fact that he posed for a picture trolling a lure instead of a sucker for muskies, does not make him the man for the job or capable of replacing a guy who worked his way to the top of the DNR.

This is alot like Adolfs ploy to make us like his campain funding buddy Romenowski.
After firing a veteran DNR leader in order to hire Campain buddy Romanowski, he said that Romanowski would be a great leader, he fished on the wolf river once when he was a kid..... Give me a break !!!

This whole CWD thing is about ol Adolf lowering the population of deer to keep his auto insurance campain funding buddys happy.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

I definately agree with Handles. Even though it is legal to shoot a lot of does, hunters need to realize the harm they are causing on the deer herd. When I hear about oneperson shooting 10, 15, sometimes over 20 deer in a single season it makes me sick. These will be the same people complaining in a few years when they don't see any deer. I would never shoot a doe in northern Wisconsin, and I did go out on the doe hunt in Southeaster Wisconsin, but only because I didn't shoot a buck. That's not to say that you shouldn't be shooting does. If every hunterlimited themselves to shooting enough for themselves to eat, then we wouldn't be having these problems. However, with the DNR completelylosing control after CWD was discovered, they really haven't been giving hunter's a choice with all the earn a buck threats and seasons, so hunters feel like they're doing good by shooting lots of deer. As long as we shoot only enough deer that we will use, we can count on having a deer herd in the future. Think about your actions before shooting a bunch of deer and dumping them off at a food pantry.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

DOYL IS NOT A HUNTERS FRIEND!

ANTI GUN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now you know why the DNR is run the way they are.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Correct... And he is putting his "anti-gun idiot" friends in the controling positions of the DNR..

If you ask me, the head DNR job should not just go to whomever is Governor, it should be a voted in position. Hunters and other people should be able to vote for the head of the DNR and hold him accountable at election time if we don't like what he does with the population, management, etc.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

You can say alot of things about Doyle but this isn't true. Doyle has supported the rights of hunters and to keep hunting in WI for the future. This "ANTI-GUN IDIOT" has been fighting to keep guns out of the hands of convicted felons (not sportsmen), which as a police officer I'm all for. I'm not the biggest Doyle supporter but be fair before making a blanket statement.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

HE'S AN IDIOT!

WHAT ABOUT THE RIGHT TO CARRY?

What aboutour constitution to bear arms?

What about his veto after the people of wisconsin voted for the concealed carry law?

YA , WITH FRIENDS LIKE HIM...WHO NEEDS ENEMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ALL COPS THINK HE IS SO GREAT!

DON'T THEY ALL SAY THEY ARE FOR HUNTERS, JUST LIKE OBAMA-TILL THEY ARE VOTED IN!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:50 AM
TJD
Fork Horn

You can say alot of things about Doyle but this isn't true. Doyle has supported the rights of hunters and to keep hunting in WI for the future.
I'd say that this part of the discussion probably belongs on a separate thread, but...

To say that Doyle is trying to "keep hunting in WI for the future"...not sure how that matches with his tendency to raid funds from transportation and other areas to supposedly "balance the budget" is consistent with keeping hunting alive. Such funding raids mean that state agencies need to come up with money some other way (oh...say like increasing license fees for hunting, fishing, ATV's, etc.) all so that our dear governor can pay off his buddies in the teachers unions.

Quick Reply: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.