Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the dnr are saying that this year is ideal that we have to get use to this type of piss pore hunting how can we all just sit by and let the dnr kill off all the deer. I am just going crazy about this why would they do what they are doing to the deer hurd. After a year like this one i dont know if i want to buy a gun license next year to pay the money to see nothing. man the dnr realy gets me going!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing going on in my neck of the woods in Ohio. In NW Ohio where i live the deer herd is just not sufficient enough for the regulations they have put in place for the past two years. In other parts of the state I'm sure it's needed but not in my neck of the woods. Sorry to hear that this similar deer slaughter is going on in other states as well
Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tbone, if the deer herd is aswiped out in your area as you say, then you should absolutely not hunt there next year. Those deer will need at least 3 years of no hunting to rebuild the population. It just makes sense.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

i agree i saw very little
Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very little deer sightings in my area as well. A neighbor group of ours, usually around 30 people did some pretty big drives, only took 3 deer all season. Now tell us where the deer are.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

my dad got an e-mail from somebody and they said theresto man deer itsjusttheres just no one hunting themi think the dnr have there head up there butts
Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

The only way the DNR will get the message is if we all just quit hunting in this state....or at least quit buying licenses....
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM

show up at your local conservation congress!!!!! IT will help!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well they just announced that its the economies falt that the deer kill was down as bad as it was....go figure. always have to blame something....
Old 12-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on where you hunt, who you hunt with, and who hunts in the area around you, it very well be you and other hunters that are to blame. I know quite a few people who are from the same area as Wi Bow Hunter. I know for a fact that over the past 4-5 years some of those guys have been going through doe permits like they were candy, taking 4,5,6,7,10, doe each per year because it was legal. Sometimes as sportsmen we have to use restraint even if something is legal. Example: Do you keep every 15 inch walleye that you catch, and do you try your best to catch your limit every time you fish? What if 100 fishermen each took 5 walleye per day from a lake 20 days out of the year? What if they did this for three years? That's 30K walleye. Will that affect the fishery, you bet it will! Then those same fishermen will be bitching about the DNR because there are no walleye left in the lake "Limits are too high" "You need to stock more fish".Too many people just take and take and take with out any foresight. That attitude is what got almost every fur,fish, and game animal or bird into serious trouble in this country. Just because something is legal it doesn't mean it is good in all situations.

Quick Reply: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.