HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   2nd season Illinos shotgun... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/276339-2nd-season-illinos-shotgun.html)

BUCKMARK 12-01-2008 04:50 PM

2nd season Illinos shotgun...

Just wondering how many of us are planning on doing a little hunting this weekend. I will be out probably on Friday and Saturday. A little snow on the ground and hopefully all the corn will be cut could make for a good hunt...

Bowflex 12-01-2008 06:09 PM

RE: 2nd season Illinos shotgun...

I'll be at Lowden-Miller, ready to make some noise.

sjsfire 12-01-2008 06:44 PM

Leaving Wed morning to head back to Pope Co. I have another tag to fill and my son is going for his first hunt. Priority is to get him his first deer. I already have meat left from last year and took one first season. I also have a ML only for the following weekend.

HNI_Christine 12-01-2008 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowflex

Lowden-Miller has been closed by our Rod-head governor. Can you still hunt it?

stikbow26 12-01-2008 07:40 PM

Good luck gunners I just got back from southern Illinois a couple hours ago and the 1 1/2 year olds are running every doe in a field and the big boys are still serching. We had close encounters with a 140 and 160 and couldn't seal the deal so they are still rutting down there anyways!! Walt

Bowflex 12-01-2008 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

ORIGINAL: Bowflex

Lowden-Miller has been closed by our Rod-head governor. Can you still hunt it?
Yes it is still open, for this year anyway.

formula1 12-02-2008 08:18 AM

I will be headed to S. Illinois with my muzzleloader and 3 tags tomorrow to huntDec 4-7. This is the first time I ever hunted with a gun in Illinois and I have 750 acres all to myself. I am hoping for a successful weekend, but we will see.

Good luck to all who will be joining me this weekend!!!

fastetti 12-02-2008 10:12 AM

Nope, filled my buck tag in the first season and already have a doe from Michigan as well. Good luck to all who make it out, I wish you all success!!

buckmaster61081 12-02-2008 11:29 AM

I'll be back in McDonough Co. Friday - Sunday. Hoping the temps are a hair warmer than predicted...

Lanse couche couche 12-02-2008 11:34 AM

Richland County was crawling with deer over T-giving. I saw a good sized 8 to 10 point buck trailing a doe way out in the middle of open country in the middle of the day.