Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ohio Buck down but not found! >

Ohio Buck down but not found!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Buck down but not found!

Old 11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ohio Buck down but not found!

Hey I was out in Ohio hunting Nov 1 thru the 7th! I shot a really really nice buck two days before I left and was unable to recover him. Fortunately I made friends with aa couple of guys who spent half a day tracking blood! The last three hours on our hands and knees! I know let them lay overnight but he was clotting so we wanted to keep him on the move! Ultimately we stopped looking and I had to leave. My buddy called me several days after I left and told me he had found my deer in some thick brush a few days after I left when the vulchers showed up. Good news he had found it! Bad news somebody had already cut the rack from it! I would greatly appreciate getting it back if anybody has some knowledge of this deer. I was hunting the mohican state forest right out of Loudonville! I can give roads and gps coordinates of where it was shot and found! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dennis
Old 11-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ohio Buck down but not found!

You'll never see those antlers. Next time put a better shot on him. Not trying to sound harsh but thats the cold hard facts.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah thanks for the news flash! I love to put poor hits on animals and spend eight hours tracking to find nothing! I also love getting the call from my friend who says he found the deer but the antlers were cut off! I can't believe anybody would want to keep something that is not theirs! I equate it to thieves and I HATE THIEVES! I guess your the only bow hunter left who has never put a bad shot on an animal! Thanks for your help.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

WOW a little touchy!! I'll bet if you found a 150" class buck dead in the woods you would just leave the antlers there. Then post something on the internet and tell half the world where you saw them and theonly guy that wouldgo to get them would be the honest guy that actually shot the buck. This is a cruel world. How do you know the buckyour buddy found was even your's. You said the antlers were already cut out. Did he have a mole on his tally wacker?Maybe someone else wounded a deer in the area and that was his deer.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:15 AM

Tough deal on losing the antlers, but they belong to the person who sawed them off the decomposing deer. Pretty big stretch calling that person a thief.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Boys listen I've been a cop for twelve years I am very familiar with the world we live in! However I hold hunters in a different class then the rest of society! Yes I would saw them off and then place them ona web site like this one to give somebody a chance to reply! This deer was right in the area that we were looking all day, second in my initial ad I said I could provide GPS coordinates and third I would even drive back out there to show where it happened. Lastly yes I am touchy NH does not have the caliber of deer that Ohio has. This deer was huge! Third stop busting balls I was putting out a hail marry!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

in ohio if you find a dead dear like that you better tag it, those are not sheds , if you get caught you are gonna pay weather you shot it or not,
Old 12-05-2008, 11:07 AM

Sorry about that here in Indiana if you find an dead deer that you your self didnt kill, have to call DNR and they can sign the deer over to you free of charge , now cut the rack off without calling get cought and say good by truck , gun, $1,000, life time ban from hunting Indiana.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

I understand your frustration and I would be touchy too. If you ever do find the guy that has the horns, I would show him the evidence you have that you shot the deer, then ask very nicely if you can have them. A true sportsmen would give them to you. But I agree with jimimac, those horns belong to the guy that found them. Public land and a deer (big buck) found dead, yeah that rack is fair game IMO and itis horriblefor the guy that shot the deer.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

They only legally belong to whomever cut them off if he put his tag on them.

Quick Reply: Ohio Buck down but not found!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.