Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 2008 Michigan Firearm Deer Season >

2008 Michigan Firearm Deer Season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

2008 Michigan Firearm Deer Season

Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Michigan Firearm Deer Season

My archery doe on the left, My ol' mans 5 pt on the right. Haven't seen squat except does fawns and buttons.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Spike

congrats on the bucks guys!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Got back from Delta County in the U.P. Wed. night.
Opener- buddy got a 7 pt.
17th I got a 6pt.
and the 18th we got 2 does.
Weather cold with a little snow, drive home was horrible with blizzrd like conditions and freezing rain below the bridge

Old 11-21-2008, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

7pt. from U.P.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:12 PM

saw a total # of 0 but heard maybe 200 shot's fired???? I hate hunting Michigan.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

rcgerchow, PM sent.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im a little delayed in my report, hit Illinois for the Opening shotgun season. For me,my Michiganhunt went as followed:

Opening morning, 35 and partly cloudy. The only thing I spotted as a doe and two fawns running around a CRP field for 3 mins straight, thought a buck was on their tale, but nothing. That was it for the morning.

Afternoon hunt I set up over a poorly picked bean field. Only spotted a fawn until about 20 minutes before shooting light was over, then out of nowhere I spotted 2 groups of Does, totaling 12 deer. Most were mature so I waited to see if any bucks appeared, nothing. Wind was howling. Had to wait until 30 minutes after dark to get out of my stand since I had deer feeding all around me.

On a side note, I hunt near a highway and found out that at 4 AM opening morning a semi nailed a big 6 point and 3 does less than 200 yards from my stand. That was not the news I wanted to hear.

November 16, set up over the bean fields again, spotted a 3 pt which had been hanging around the area. Other than that, a doe and a fawn, that was it.

Afternoon hunt I spotted a few does 200 yards away. Tonight I was looking to fill my doe tag, so If they made it to my shooting lane, one of them was toast. Never did. I sat and only saw a fawn and that 3 pt again until sunset. I was getting a little worried since I was heading back to Chicago after tomorrow's mornming hunt and I didn't want to go home deerless. With about 2 minutes of legal shooting light left, a big doe walks out about 80 yards away and I put one through here front shoulder. She runs about a 100 yards a piles up in a hedge row.

November 17th, I spotted one fawn and my dad hunting 400 yards away drops a doe about 5 minutes before we were about to finish our hunting trip.

Overall, we got 2 does. Nobody else in our camp got anything other than our two does. This is the first time in 6 years where no one got a buck opening day and we only shoot 6 pts or better opening day. The deer just werent there. Hopefully they were just holed up with the wind and poor weather, at least our freezer is full.

Im not to upset though, just got back from S. Illinois and got my biggest buck ever down there. As soon as I have some time to upload the photos, I'll have the story up!

Old 11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

fastetti, congrats on the buck!!

Original: fastetti

4 AM opening morning a semi nailed a big 6 point and 3 does less than 200 yards from my stand
One semi hit four deer at one time? Suicidal or what? I have never heard of multiple deer hit at once before.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Original: fastetti

4 AM opening morning a semi nailed a big 6 point and 3 does less than 200 yards from my stand
One semi hit four deer at one time? Suicidal or what? I have never heard of multiple deer hit at once before.
[/quote]

I wouldn't of believed it if I didn't see the aftermath with my own eyes. 4 deer lined up in a row not more than 8 feet apart from each other. We heard from a cop in the area later that day that sure enough, a trucker was driving by and all four ran into his rig! They were using the runway that goes 30 yards by my blind too! These Horny Bucks do some crazy things!!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Spike

Date. nov 15th - nov.26th
County/Location. Mason County / Scottville
Morning/Evening. both
Animals Seen. lots of deer seen even with no apples
Weather Conditions. various
Rut Activity.
Notes. 3 out of 5 hunters have a buck hangin @camp will be filling doe tags next .
Animals Killed. 3 bucks so far nothing large but that par for the course in victory township.

Quick Reply: 2008 Michigan Firearm Deer Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.