Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Any Thing on the rut in OH, especially NW oh >

Any Thing on the rut in OH, especially NW oh

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any Thing on the rut in OH, especially NW oh

Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any Thing on the rut in OH, especially NW oh

I have beenn huinting every week end since season has opened and hav seen 3 does and 2 okay bucks but i know there are better from pictures and huge rubs and scrapes....yet i havent seen the big boys or anything chasing does. ANy body seen anything?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any Thing on the rut in OH, especially NW oh

and sry bout the phoesant pics lol
Old 11-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not in Ohio, but in NE Indiana. In Adams County, Indiana (boarders Van Wert County, Ohio) we've had decent movement for a couple weeks now. In Steuben County, Indiana (boarders Williams County, Ohio) deer have been rutting good since the 3rd week of October.

I shot a 12pt on October 29th, minutes after he appearently got down with a doe. That same morning I watched a smaller buck pushing a doe all over the woods. I've only been out a few times since....but from what I've seen and heard it's more of the same.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:00 PM

I live on the indiana ohio michigan boarder, I saw a good amount of chasing up until the warm front came in. Went out this morning a saw a couple small ones checking the bedding areas. Then I went out to the same stand this evening and was glassing the CRP field from my stand and saw a nice heavy beamed 8 had a doe bedded down in the middle of the field. As I was watching him I heard a grunt and leaves crunching behind me in the woods.Looked and saw a button buck and then realized it wasn't him that was grunting, It was a nice 8 coming from the west. I grunted to stop him a 40 yards slightly quartering away. Let her fly, ended up going 60 yards and piling up. The rut is starting to take off again with this cold weather.Good luck on your season,as mine is tagged out
Old 11-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

nice shotting and thanks for the information iw ent out this mourning and passed a good looking 6 point ... he will b a godo one in a few years if he lives threw gun season
Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

nice shooting and thanks for the info. I went out this mourning and passed up a good looking 6 point, his neckwas a swelled up and he was feelignt he rut, i still havent sall teh big boys, but this deer will b a good one int eh next few years if he lives threw gun season. Thanks again
Old 11-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted ohio thispast weekend. My buddy saw 9 bucks friday and shot the 9th one which was a descent 8 point. From fri nite on though we saw very few deer I think mainly because of the weather. It started raining friday night then was just windy and overcast the rest of the weekend.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

hunted yesterday and i sall one of the "big boys". there was a buck decent buck chasing a doe and then i grunted to try and get his attention which it didnt. then i figured hey why not hit the rattleing bag so i did and that must hav got the big ones attention because he came running in on a b-line. But unfortunatly.....he was spooked my something and was out of the place in no time....THE RUT IS IN BABY
Old 11-24-2008, 01:11 PM

it was on like donkey kong
Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Seems to be slowing down in Henry County but it is definitely slowing down