HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Deer hunting in Nebraska (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/269342-deer-hunting-nebraska.html)

NJheadhunter71 10-22-2008 08:39 AM

Deer hunting in Nebraska

I am looking at doing a DIY deer hunt in Nebraska and my question is this:
I see the part that says Non Res deer permit $178.00 then below thatI see Non Res State wide buck permit $443.00Sowhat they are saying is I need to spend $621 to hunt a buck in NE! They are making it harder and harder for AMERICANS to hunt outside their ownstate. Maybe they figure sure it will chase some non-respeople awaybut in the long haula small amount of out of staters will pay and in the end theywill make more $$$$ or the same with less people (non-res people that is)

westpointhunter 10-22-2008 10:44 AM

RE: Deer hunting in Nebraska

NJ...I am a Nebraska non-resident hunter from New York. The statewide NR buck tag is just that...a permit to hunt in any of the hunting areas in the state. The $178. buck tag is the only one you will need for the specific area you wish to hunt. You also need the habitat stamp at $16.00.

NJheadhunter71 10-22-2008 11:43 AM

Thanks WestPoint,
I see that now. I wonder what that other tag is for? Is it like the Wyo tag for better draw odds? I was looking at the Pine Ridge area for mulies. Do you know if theses permits are over the counter for rifle?

NJheadhunter71 10-23-2008 07:15 AM

Anybody have any info on the Pine Ridge area for mulies? I was thinking about going Dec.1 with the muzz but if that area gets hit hard by the rifle guys I don't know if it will be worth it.

Thanks

westpointhunter 10-23-2008 07:16 AM

Yes they are...all Nebraska tags are over the counter.

NJheadhunter71 10-23-2008 07:59 AM

WestPoint,
Are you going this year? Have you ever hunted or know anyone who has hunted the Pine Ridge area?

Cash_money 10-26-2008 01:00 PM

Where do you hunt near pine ridge?

Montyo976 10-27-2008 11:21 AM

I'll be heading to the Pine ridgeunit here in about 2 weeks for mulies. I haven't hunted there before, but my dad and couple of my uncleswent there a couple years ago and they a lot of success. I'll let you know how it's looking when I get back.

NJheadhunter71 10-27-2008 12:17 PM

Thanks for all the feed back. I am curious as to how you guys do out there. I was going to hunt the Nat. Forest and surrounding area. My biggest thing is how to hunt? I suppose mostly spot and stalk using alot of glass moving slowly between open areas.Two things that concerns me is what the weather will be like in terms of snow, tempsand alsowhat is the regs onORV use? I don't mind walking in snow but I am realistic when it comes to trying to cover milesground inthe knee deep puffy stuff. I plan onusing the muzzle loader Dec.1-5

Cash_money 10-28-2008 01:13 AM

Whats ORV?