Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Pre-rut in Ohio... >

Pre-rut in Ohio...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Pre-rut in Ohio...

Old 10-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Default RE: Pre-rut in Ohio...

Went out tonight and saw 2 nice bucks both chasing does. One was a 120 class and the other was mid 130 to 140 class. Should be an awsome weekend to see some bucks chasing does.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Typical Buck

I know this morning looks really good. Little wind and it's cold. Getting ready to go out, and hopefully I get a crack at one of those big bucks that's walking around my hunting area.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

Had a BEAUTIFUL 2 1/2 year old 10-point typicalbuck, that would go in the 120s, nudgeing a doe come right to my stand this morning. He was broadside at about 15 yards, but I decided to pass on him. He was just a bit too small in my book. Hopefully he lives and no one else shoots him, cause he'll be a dandy next year. Hopefully I can get a crack at him next year. Lots of people on here would probably think I'm crazy, but if let those kind of bucks go, you get those bigger bucks. I really hope nothing happens to him cause he's got alot of potiental to be a giant one day. I'd like to get a chance at him in 2 years, so then he'd probably be in the 160s or bigger. Hopefully I will be rewarded and a bigger buck will come right by me, and I'll get him. I know they're out there. It's just a matter of are they going to come past me. So far, the pre-rut is awesome, and here in a couple days, we'll be in SWEET November! And we all know what that means.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ive had all kinds of action, only one big boy chasing does though. Lots of scraping going on now.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Spike

I was out on 11/1 and 11/2 in Mahoning County.

On Saturday (11/1) we pulled in the farm and just as we hit the field we spooked 2 bucks with the truck that were hanging out with each other in the clover field right behind the barn, needless to say we didn't see them the rest of the day. I did see one doe that morning and that is all, no bucks following her unfortunately. That evening we didn't see anything, but those two bucks were out in the clover field hanging out with each other right after sunset.

Sunday (11/2) we saw NOTHING in the morning, that was strange since it was nice and cold out with very little wind. That evening (sunday 11/2) we had 2 deer, one was a 7-point and we couldn't make out the other because he went another direction (im assuming it was the other buck). they came in behind us, but we couldn't get a shot. I grunted at the 7 point when he turned away to leave, he just looked and didn't take any interest at all.

Can anyone tell me why those two bucks are ALWAYS together? Shouldn't they be splitting up and going after a doe now?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bucks seem to be chasin everywhere! I took this one last night. He was also chasin a doe.