HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   What's been seen in Illinois? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/268600-whats-been-seen-illinois.html)

bowman15 10-17-2008 06:29 PM

What's been seen in Illinois?

I've been out 4 times this season so far, in different areas that I KNOW hold deer and I have seen exactly 2. What's going on? Is anyone else having problems getting on them or is it just me? Last year by this time I saw 5 bucks all within bow-range and this year I haven't seen one yet.

I've been hunting mornings and evenings. Yesterday I saw a group of does in an area they weren't supposed to be in at a time when they weren't supposed to be moving. I was going from one spot to another around 11:30. They weren't near any bedding areas that I know of, but I'm not real familiar with that particular area either, so I'm not sure.

I'm hunting public land, BTW and I was the only person in the woods for the morning-hunt.

11pt 10-17-2008 07:05 PM

RE: What's been seen in Illinois?

I've been having a tough time too. Until last night I had seen 3 deer and then the first one to come within 50 yds this year busted me hard. I think she snorted 30 times.[:@]

BUCKMARK 10-17-2008 09:11 PM

My buddy and I have been out twice, once in he eveningand last week in the morning. between ther 2 of us we saw 8 deer during the evening hunt and I saw 3 deer during the morning hours. He alsokicked up a nice buck after leaving his stand. With the temps starting to cool down and some of the corn being cut I think that we will see more deer when we go out in themorning. The crop harvest is only around 10-15% from what I read, last year at this time it was at 70-80%.

Forgot to mention that we did see a couple scapes and and plenty of tracks around the edges of the corn...

wolfcreekpass105 10-19-2008 06:50 AM

Crops need to be harvested the deer are in the corn.The full moon hasn't helped either

rbeckman 10-19-2008 07:02 AM

Took this doe yesterday, first time out this year, I was in my stand about an hour and a half. This doe was taken in Southern Ill, onmy friends land. They are starting to move now that it is cooling down. Good luck to all.

Redneck Bill 10-28-2008 07:44 PM

They still seem pretty nocturnal and a lot of the corn is still up around here.I should pick up real soon.

Bill

bowman15 10-28-2008 08:26 PM

I've got pictures of 2 bucks in 2 days about an hour or more before dark. Both of them with does, both way out in the open, and both were in the 130's, meaning I think both of them were at least 3 year olds.

I think they're getting started in the chase-phase. I'm sure in the next 2 weeks the woods are gonna be exciting.

BOWHUNTERCOP 10-29-2008 05:38 AM

bowman I have to agree with you. I'll be out there Saturday evening and will be bowhunting till the shotgun season and then hunt with the shotgun out there, but they are calling for very warm temps this weekend and during most of next week which can slow the deer movement, for once I hope the weatherman is wrong