Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008 >

Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

Old 11-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

Saw a buck grunting and chasing after a doe around 4:30 today, lots of deer moving all afternooon.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:59 AM

Hey guys,

I just got home from Buffalo County again yesterday afternoon. I had a decent 8 pointer in by my
stand on friday night. I had him at 15 yards several times as he was scent checking an area around a water hole for does. Then on Sat. morning, I had a good buck running the side of the ridge I was sitting, again with his nose glued to the ground looking for does. Then on Saturday night I had a bruiser
10 pointer at about 25 yards. All this, and I still have not qualified for my Earn-A-Buck, so I still have my tag. (I'm not a big fan of the DNR right now) I normally never have any problem shooting a doe, but for some reason I haven't gottten a good clean shot at one yet! All in all, it was a decent weekend, but this warm-rainy weather we'll have this week is not going to help. Going back up on Tuesday to hunt the rest of the week/weekend anyway.

Anyone have any good/bad expierences with the rut and warm/rainy weather?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

It was so warm today I just decided to stay out of the woods. On a separate note, when do you think its time to stop hunting scrape lines and move toward food sources??
Old 11-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Passed on a small 8 pt. last night, watched him chasea doe and her fawn around for 1/2 hour and when he walked by he gave me a 25 yard broadside pose for 10-15 seconds. Deer have been in the chase phase of the rut for a little over a week now and looks to be going strong. I would expect the breeding phase to start in about a week and activity should be slowing down from the mature bucks. I sure hope to see one this weekend but the barrometer is against it.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Its starting to rock! Saw 17 does and 4 bucks this morning, chasing grunting mouths wide open. GET IN THE TREE!!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

HMMM, I dont get it....took 3 days of vacation thinking this would be the week, but the warmth did me wrong. Sat out this morning....nothing, havent seen a deer in 4 days.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

They started lastnight in my area.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Spike

im heading up to my cabin in hatfield in jackson county this weekend...any action up that way?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

I just got home from Buffalo County again yesterday afternoon. I had a decent 8 pointer in by my
stand on friday night. I had him at 15 yards several times as he was scent checking an area around a water hole for does. Then on Sat. morning, I had a good buck running the side of the ridge I was sitting, again with his nose glued to the ground looking for does. Then on Saturday night I had a bruiser
10 pointer at about 25 yards. All this, and I still have not qualified for my Earn-A-Buck, so I still have my tag. (I'm not a big fan of the DNR right now) I normally never have any problem shooting a doe, but for some reason I haven't gottten a good clean shot at one yet! All in all, it was a decent weekend, but this warm-rainy weather we'll have this week is not going to help. Going back up on Tuesday to hunt the rest of the week/weekend anyway.

Anyone have any good/bad expierences with the rut and warm/rainy weather?
I hear ya about the DNR. Luckily I got my EAB tag last year. Heading up to Trempealeau Co. (south of Arcadia) this weekend for a week of bowhunting and then gun season.

Where in Buffalo Co. do you hunt?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Bartender

The light turned on starting this past Monday here in Kenosha County.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.