Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008 >

Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

Old 10-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Spike

Default RE: Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

a friend of my shot a nice 8pt in dunn county lastnight. we tracket it for about two hours with a nice blood trail. we track him between .5 to .75 miles and still didnt find him. we stop after we got into the swamp. his dod check to see if the blood was still warm and it was. so we decided to let him bleed out overnight and my friend will go looking for him tomorrow. he said he hit the buck right behind the shoulder. the buck was chasing a doe. the rut is on.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing in our area yet as far as chasing goes. Havent really seen too many trucks with deer being registered in Neillsville. I have property about 10-15 minutes north of hatfield off 95. If you and your dad want something to do Saturdaynight after the hunt, the bowling alley Neillsville has a great band playing this weekend. Amy M band. Ill be there if by chance you want to get together...Thats if youre old enough .

ORIGINAL: MALLARDMAN21

Will be heading up the the Jackson County state forest, near hatfield. Anyone have any new reports as for the rutting activity up there. I know last year my dad and i went up halloween weekend, and all the deer seemed to have moved the weekend before. So hopefully this year will be different. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM

Hey schooter where in dunn county do you hunt.

ORIGINAL: schooter

a friend of my shot a nice 8pt in dunn county lastnight. we tracket it for about two hours with a nice blood trail. we track him between .5 to .75 miles and still didnt find him. we stop after we got into the swamp. his dod check to see if the blood was still warm and it was. so we decided to let him bleed out overnight and my friend will go looking for him tomorrow. he said he hit the buck right behind the shoulder. the buck was chasing a doe. the rut is on.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Spike

my friend found it. 21 1/2 inside. he is going to a have a coworker green score it. i dont have a pic yet. he shot in off from hwy 29 not to far from the interstate. it went another 300 yd from where we stop lastnight. it was a 3 hour drag back to his truck. he ended up calling into work this morning cause he couldnt sleep. lol. i will post a pic when i get one.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Fork Horn

hey wis bow huntryeah we might need something to do after the hunt. I will have to run it past him. Sounds good to me, this sux i was hoping that there would be some good rutting goin on. This warm weather is not going t help with the rut either.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I hear ya. I sat out lastnight, it hit like 73 at 5 or so and I only saw 3 does. Not within range. I really think were looking at a late rut this year bud. Scrapes are just popping up now, and have not seen any sign of any chasing at all, not even hearing any. Did see 7 bucks on the way home from Wisconsin Rapids yesterday and about 13 does, this between the hours of 2 and 3. but then again, there was no chasing, just out in the fields eating....[&:]
ORIGINAL: MALLARDMAN21

hey wis bow huntryeah we might need something to do after the hunt. I will have to run it past him. Sounds good to me, this sux i was hoping that there would be some good rutting goin on. This warm weather is not going t help with the rut either.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:16 AM

hey schooter do you guys hunt by elk mound.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

here is southern wisconsin tonight had a great buck chase some does around and grunting. Def just starting to kick off
Old 11-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Billy P. I have a buddy who has a cabin in Iron River...good area... where abouts are you hunting
Old 11-01-2008, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

Billy P. I have a buddy who has a cabin in Iron River...good area... where abouts are you hunting
Not really sure. This will be my 1st time up. We will be staying atDelta Lodge. What about the weather the week of Veterans day. Accu-Weather shows highs from 28 to 31 with rain sleet freezing rain& snow. If that's the case I maybe hunting out of my ground blind.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Rut Reports 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.