HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Illinois Hunters... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/267035-illinois-hunters.html)

petrey10 10-08-2008 09:52 AM

Illinois Hunters...

Anybody got any deer down? I just shot my first doe for the season...been waiting for that nice buck to walk by though. Only seen a little 6 point so far. Sorry I didn't even take any pics of the doe but she was prolly around 130. I will get the exact weight when I get my meat back.

yodeldog3 10-08-2008 06:45 PM

RE: Illinois Hunters...

I stuck a button on sunday afternoon. So many deer around Rockford where I hunt, Looked like he got tagged by a car or somthing, so I took him. The steaks'll be good.

dsander06 10-19-2008 07:16 PM

I haven't been hunting yet this season. but I am looking for some public land to hunt at. I also live in Rockford near Winnebago. Any body got any suggestions. Thanks!!

bwhunter501 10-19-2008 07:17 PM

i shot a doe on the 4th i havent even seen a shooter while on stand yet but there is still alot of corn in so hopefully we will start seein more

BUCKMARK 10-20-2008 04:59 PM

Passed ona forky on sat, he was beggen to get whacked, but it was his lucky day. I know that there are bigger bucks around even if we have not seen them yet. We have also spotted a 6 and a nice 8 on the property. The corn was still up and there are plenty of does around. It should start to get good in the upcoming weeks. We are hunting Jodavies...

fastetti 10-21-2008 09:40 AM

Wish I had the time to get out. I'll be hunting the Michigan gun opener the 15th of November then back in Illiinois to hunt the shotgun opener down by Carbondale. Probably head over to Kankakee State Park in a couple weeks and do some pheasant hunting and maybe stick around in the afternoon and see if I can stick a deer.

danscott 10-21-2008 02:27 PM

Alot of corn up still. Seems to be slowing things down for me.

WhitetailsInc.info 10-21-2008 06:01 PM

got 2 does early. Hunting some other states until Nov. 6th or so, then back to my home ground. Saw a nice 140 type 10 point on the 14th rubbing willows. Also saw a world record forkhorn.LOL

kickin_buck 10-22-2008 08:35 AM

I have been seeing a ton of deer. I have taken a doe and nice 10, my boy killed a spike. I am hunting Jefferson Co and I think what has been helping me is that we do not have any corn around us, the deer are in the timber eating acorns.

BUCKMARK 10-26-2008 07:16 PM

I took a nice 7 point on saturday, he was my first buck with a bow. Check out my thread in the bow section or the Illinois rut threadif you want to see the pic...