Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Corn harvest in west central Illinois >

Corn harvest in west central Illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Corn harvest in west central Illinois

Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: Corn harvest in west central Illinois

I found out tonight that part of my farm was planted in an earlier variety and has already been combined. The rest should be out in a week or two, depending on weather.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 AM

Look to see farmers running very hard from here on out. MOST of the corn I've been seeing is very close if not ready to be shelled. A lot of beans are ready also, with the exception of a few fields that were obviously planted very late due to the wet spring.

So far, the harvest is maybe around 10-15%, but don't let that be misleading. Most guys are going to be in overdrive due to the fact that with every day that goes by, the possibility of lower harvest volumes goes up. Look to see a huge amount of fields being pulled in the next 10 days. Unfortunately, many of the fields that are running late are in low lying areas, or near creekbeds that recieved a lot of water runoff, which can be a negative for deer hunters for a little while.

The harvest is a little late, but I don't think that it will be as late as some estimates.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talked to the guy who planted corn on our lease, he is planning on cutting in 2 weeks. Right around the 18-19th, That should be a great weekend to be in the stands. If I remember right that is pretty close to the time they cut last year.on a side note,most of the corn we saw on our drive was still a little green.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:17 PM

Raining a little bit today....
Old 10-18-2008, 04:31 PM

Anymore updates on the corn?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Spike

Got back from Mount Sterling last Tuesday (14th). Our farmer had cut some corn, then switched to beans. He was supposed to finish his beans midweek, then go back to corn. He said it would take him about 2 weeks to finish his corn barring any bad weather. It has been wet several days since we left, but I'm hoping he'll finish our leasebefore I go back on the 30th.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Right now in the Brown, Adams, and Hancock areas most farmers are hitting the corn pretty hard....Hopefully be done by first of November or shortly after...