Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Salt Fork Ohio

Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Spike

Default Salt Fork Ohio

I am heading out to the Salt Fork Wildlife area in Ohio during the second week of November. Never hunted it before. I am pumped for the fact that the rut should be in full tilt. Anybody ever hunt there and have any tips or recommendations. Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Salt Fork Ohio

Love SF. I hint the special Muzzle season they have. They have dove fields up the road and the same side as the oDNR office. and i hunt the ridges behind them fields. They meander towards the fields in the eveniung and depending on how many people there are might be across the street along the lakeside.
Thise fields are anm old farm and they have planted them, once you go up you will walk through a couple types of cover from jaggerz to pine trees to the tops that are hardwoods. get back in there as far as you can let teh city boys push totowards you. If you look hard enough you will find old orchards.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I will find the area you said about. I don't mind going back in. thanks again
Old 09-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhunted Salt Fork about 5 years ago. I was truly surprised how FEW hunters were there.

I killed a 9-pt there on my 3rd day...He was about 10" wide....but I was still a happy camper.

I saw a bigger buck running a ridge behind the planted fields, but never got a shot.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Can you give me a general location of Salt Fork. I usually hunt Crown City or Washington national?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 PM

Nate Salt Fork is a pretty nice area to hunt we have always had real good luck right on Rt 22 just past the entrance to the park its about 1/2 past on the left side you will see pull offs there we put a few drives on there during gun season our camp is over in Coshocton County but my buddys camp is there near Salt Fork on Broadhead Rd just past the gun range good luck on your hunt and enjoy the area

MrGobbler...www.northcoastgamecalls.com
Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Spike

Thanks Guys! Cosmo, Salt Fork is in Guernsey county north of Cambridge. Big tract of public land.
MrGobbler, thanks for the information. I am itching to get out there and arrow something! I appreciate all the little things that you can get from the guys who have hunted it before. With it being such a big tract of land. You could spend a month scouting and never even break the surface. Hopefully I can post some nice pics on here after the hunt!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Spike

One Week and counting!! I am ready to get out there. Anybody hunt it yet this year? Seeing anything? I have had a pretty good season so far here in PA. Saw some big bucks on my farm just no shooting yet. this time next Monday i will be sitting(sleeping!!) out in the woods! I can't wait
Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Spike

Well Boys and girls, no luck in Salt Fork. Can't say i did not have my chances. I missed a nice buck. (I need a range finder!). Saw about 50 deer in the week. Deer really got active later in the week. It is definately a hard area to hunt because it is so big. Found that i was more successful at finding the deer by hunting the smaller sections of the Wildlife area on the south side of 22. Overall we shot a few does and should have had at least 6 buck in our group. I will definately do it again next year.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Hey NateN.I was looking at your posts about Salt Fork State Park. I was originally set to hunt that area during the bow season but had tocancel due to work. I am now going down during the firearm season. This is my first time hunting the park and would appreciate any tips you would have.

Quick Reply: Salt Fork Ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.