Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Feel lucky.

My favorite PM from what seems to be one of the Bow Hunting forum Gods asked "Why in the "eff" do you have your son straddeling the deer? Show some "effing" respect for the animal." What's even better is that theyrarely post a negative comment in the thread...just PM's and emails.
Don't sweat it Pat. Probably just jealous of the nice deer you killed.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

It hasn't bothered me since I realized how some of those guys portray themselves as Kings amongst men.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Well a high of 38 and snow flurries tomorrow, gonna be a cold bow hunt.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:21 PM

Got it done today in the middle of the heaviest snow I have ever hunted in. Shot a heavy massed 8 point about 10:30 checkin out some does. Best morning of the season for me a far as numbers.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wondered if anybody braved this nasty weather. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it!
Old 12-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Spike

Going out tomorrow, heard mixed results across various message boards in Indiana today.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this afternoon after a morning of sighting in the muzzys. Did not have time to do it this week so we had to do it this morning. The weather was crap. I about wrecked my truck on the way out to shoot, slid on a piece of ice and fishtailed it into the other lane. Thankfully nobody was coming. We made it into the woods about 3 or so. We seen 9 doe. They were on their feet pretty much the whole time we were there. They were feeding on shrubs in a bottom area, not wanting to head into the winds and snow covered fields i guess. Unfortunately no bucks. I'm confident one will show up for the 2nd round of rutting though as long as nobody pushes the does out of there. I'll go a few times this week and then most of next week. I can't go all this next weekend, i got the in laws christmas in southern indiana to attend[:'(]
Old 12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Spike

I hear ya about the roads, my sister wrecked her trailblazer today down by Bedford.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 PM

I went out with my brother in law this afternoon to set some traps and do some rabbit huntin. Got a couple rabbits. I was surprised we saw any though with as cold and windy as it was. One of them didn't jump until I was right up on it!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my brother shot his first ever buck this evening. I was not there when he shot it, so he sat in my stand and shot it about 4:30. It's the same 8 point i passed up earlier in bow. No monster, but a nice little buck for him. I guess the other guy that hunts that woods scared the deer to him while he was walking to his stand. I drove out to help him gut it and noticed the deer still had extremely stained tarsal glands. He was with 2 does as well when my brother shot him.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.