Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Reading this topic is a HUGE relief. 3 mornings in a row and still have yet to see the first deer. Gotta be the weather.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I went out today and boy oh boy was it cold. I didn't have as much time to sit as I would have liked. I got into my stand about 9 and stayed until 4:30. I jumped one doe who was bedded down near my stand when I got to my stand. Then around 12:15 a doe and two fawns walked within range but I wanted to see if there were any bucks following. There weren't of course. [:@]It seems like every year I see a doe with two fawns at least once in the season. The three deer were moving pretty quick and didn't linger very long. For sitting as long as I have I sure haven't seen any great number of deer.

I too am glad to hear that others haven't seen the same amount of deer. I don't know what the dealis. I think we needone good average temperature daywith no wind to get the deer moving.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

Since Saturday I have passed up 4 does, a spike, a 4 point and just about had a shot at a buck that would score in the 150's. Seen alot of deer just no bucks big enough to shoot. Getting ready to head out this morning.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 AM
Spike

I went out yesterday evening 11/18 and I had to go after work so it was late, but any time in a stand is valuable. I got in, got everything set up, did a couple grunt calls and seen nothing. Did it again and heard something walking to me, but it got dark and I could still hear something moving towards me. So I waited in the stand well past dark so I wouldnt spook it when getting down and walking back, but I never seen it and it took for ever. i dont know what is going on. It was COLD and no winds yesterday and no deer. But figures this morning when I get up and ready for work there is a doe in the field behind me laughing at me. my luck.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

We went last night and this morning. Last night was perfect conditions and we seen 3 doe. Thats it.

This morning the winds were really picking up about 6:30. Decided to try it anyway. Yesterday afternoon i had moved a stand for my brother so he sat there today. About 7:30, a guy just starts unloading on the neighboring property. Very close to us. I was shocked becuase normally nobody deer hunts over there and i have never seen anyone there on a weekday. I aint kidding, he shot 8 frickin times. I don't know if they all came from him or if his buddy joined in too. Anyways, after the 8th shot i look over and could finally see a deer right on the edge of the woods we hunt and the neighbors bean field. Then, i see the "hunter" running across the bean field and then i hear another shot. He had evidently cripped the thing and went to finish it off. 9 shots total. Went and got my brother and he was bummed. He said there were 2 deer that ran across the field we have permission to hunt, they crossed the fence into the neighbors field and began to walk back towards our woods on the very back side. The deer were going to come straight to him, and thats when the guy started unloading. Said he thinks it was a buck becuase he thought he saw a rack and the 2 guys were dragging it across the field by it's head. Thats how our luck has been so far.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Spike

Did not get out yesterday, work interferred. However today it wont and I will be heading out around 2pm... winds dont look toobad right now.

Funny about people unloading, we have all types of hunters around us and I cannot tell you how many times I heard people unloading on deer. I can forgive the one as I saw him leave his stand and looked to be young kid, but come on people learn how to sight in your gun and take responsible shots.

Saw a nice big 6 today on my way into work, however not anywhere near where I hunt but nice to see it out moving.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Spike

Got in my stand around 3:30 tonight, light breeze from the west, perfect for this stand. Sunny skies and the wind actually laid down to near still at times. Heard quite a few shots in the area, however no activity until about 5:30 it was getting dark and 3 or 4 does showed up in our food plot. I waited awhile until they were gone.

I had high hopes for tonight, saw a buck pushing 3 does in a field about 3 or 4 miles west of our land, but nothing around me.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 PM

saw one doe and four fawns saturday, a young eight pointer slow pushing a doe sunday, and got out tonight and saw a doe and a six pointer. I saw a lot of ground scrapes around the 17th of October and few since then. I wonder if the warm up after the earlier cold weather makes a difference in the rut?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend got this one last night off our land in Steuben County

Old 11-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been out since I shot my doe early last week. I asked a friend if he wanted to go this morning...but he couldn't make it. I might head up this afternoon though.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.