Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Spike

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

decided to go back out got into my stand about 3:30. kicked up a doe right by my stand. About an hour later my brother had 4 does in our food plot then they bedded down. Right at 5 had a little buck cruise by, then nothing. At least we are seeing deer, but I am really kicking myself on not taking that shot at the big 8 on Saturday. Hopefully he's still around but so far I have not seen him, only little bucks and lots of does.

So far I have only seen 2 does being pushed by bucks. I have one little buck grunting and licking the air by my stand where I had my scents out so he was ready, but seems like the does are not? Gonna skip tomorrow and then hit it again Tues.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ACutting

Wife and I were out since noon didn't see nor hear a deer anywhere around our spot. Usually have a least a couple of does cruise through the heavy brush behind us but nothing. Lots of black birds and Robins. Anyone else in Central Indiana see a lack of quality sign as to the rut being in full swing??
Last saturday i seen a decent 8 chasing a doe. This is in north central indiana. Other then that i have seen nothing. I have found 1 rub and no scrapes. This place i hunt is normally loaded with does and very good for the rut. I can't find the does anywhere. I don't know if it's the full moon and gusty winds or what the problem is. All i know is that they were definitely not moving very good in my area this weekend.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

That is basically the same problems I'm noticing. Normally I can find rubs and scrapes setup pretty decent this year there is nothing only buck I've seen all year is a little spiker who came to visit me last weekend walked right up to the tent trying to figure out what we were.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

I didn`t see a single deer this morning. Very rare for opening weekend here. Man I hope the wind dies down in the am.[:@]
Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Spike

I hunted all weekend, and seen a very limited amount of deer. On Sat. we seen maybe 3 does, all small and out of range. Then Sat. evening I kicked up a small buck but just got blown around all day. Sunday morning seen a small buck, so I tried to play with him with some rattling and grunt, but he didnt want anything to do with it. I think it was just toooo stinkin windy here to do anything. I heard some shots, but not as many as I normally do. And didnt see much either. Hopefully next weekend will be better.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went again this morning. Had one quick glimpse of a tail way off in the neighbors land. That was it. Was cold, snowing, and not too terribly windy, and still no deer. I do not understand it. It may be time to give my uncle a call and start hunting with him through the evenings out at his place. My poor brother has yet to see a deer so far.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

One things for sure.....if this bad weather continues throughout Firearm season....there are going to be some BIG deer next year!!!

A bunch of guys at work didn't even go out this weekend. If it stays nasty...they won't be out until Thanksgiving. So with the 6pt's and smaller 8pt's possibly living this year with the "orange army" sitting at home......that all means I'm already pumped for next October!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Spike

I'm heading back out this afternoon. With the winds down and cold weather I hope the bucks really start moving. To tell you the truth I am having a real hard time sitting around at work knowing that big 8 is out there. Hopefully tonight will be the night......
Old 11-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

We were out again last evening and finally seen a few deer. We seen 8 total. I let my brother sit in my stand and he had 4 does come in on him. I had 4 deer running nuts out in the bean field, never could make out if there were any bucks though. My brother was supposed to go back out this morning, but haven't heard if he did or not. I could not go this morning as i had to take my boy to pre school at 8 am. It would figure though that the winds were dead calm and about a half inch of snow on the ground.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

I don't feel so bad that I am not seeing deer either. I thought it was just me, but I don't think so. I am hearing very very few shots around my area. Usually sounds like a war on opening weekend. I have been every morning except opening day. Seen very few deer. 2 weeks prior there were deer EVERYWHERE.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.