Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Me and my brother just got back in. I seen 3, he seen nothing. Weather ended up not being all that bad except for the winds, but it's been windy every single day i have had to hunt this year so no surprise there. Seen a doe about 7:45 off in the neighbors land just minding her business. The about 8:15 had a tiny 6 point at 20 yards, he had been spooked by someone. Finally at 9am i seen another lone doe just casually walking through the woods. Overall, pretty pathetic morning for the opener of gun. Normally see a lot more deer then that. I'm not seeing many deer period, i'm averaging about 1 deer sighting per sit. Not good! Don't know if it's been the weather or what, but hope it changes.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't go out this morning...but there was a monster in the bed of a truck at the local McDonald's as I rolled past in the drive thru. Easily a 160" deer. Hopefully they checked it in at the local bow shop so I could verify what I saw.

My Father in-law is staying out all day. I have some decent rain gear....but there's no way I could stay out in this weather for 12 hours.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just came in stayed pretty dry. Hunted out of the blind. Didnt see a single deer. Didnt hear many shots at all.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like tommorrow will be much better. I bet the deer will be moving in the morning the way it looks.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Spike

was out all day except between 11 and 1 for lunch.....I saw 15 deer total. Very slow early but around 10 they started moving. Past up a small 3 point at 5 yrds, too many does at 10-15 yrds. But I did see the deer I want to shoot. I monster 8 point. He showed up about 10:15 trailing a doe, and a small spike was with him, they were about 125 yrd off, and I didnt even need the binoculars to know he was a shooter. I rattled at him and grunted, got his attention he stomped a few times but then would just go back to running the spike away from the doe, then the doe turned and went back the way they came from and he followed. I was this close to shooting but wanted him to come in about 25 yrds. Know I kicking myself guessing he would be in the 150" range, wide and tall. Hopefully I see him tomorrow. Seems like all the does I was seeing were all very small. Good luck tomorrow guys.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:35 PM

It rained here most all morning. I saw1 big doe and 3 yearlings, no bucks.I didn't see anything in the afternoon. I didn't want to shoot does today but their fair game tomorrow when I take my son for his first gun season as a shooter.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

I sat in my stand all day and saw one deer for about 30 seconds.[:'(] He was a nice 8 pointer that might have been a shooter, but more than likely not if I would have gotten a little more time to look at him. He had his nose to the ground and didn't even give my doe bleats a second listen.

It rained from the time I got into my stand until about 1:00. I sat in our box blind and stayed fairly dry but it was just nippy all day. I think I only heard about half the shots that I normally do on shotgun opener. Seemed like people stayed home yesterday.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Spike

was out again this morning, sat on the opposite side of our property then yesterday. Had a doe and yearly walk past me right at 7. About 8 my brother had 4 does come by but that was it. The snow made it enjoyable but not much movement. Debating on going back out tonight or leaving it sit for a day or two.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went again this morning and again faced very strong gusty winds[:@]

Me and my brother did not see the first frickin deer.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Wife and I were out since noon didn't see nor hear a deer anywhere around our spot. Usually have a least a couple of does cruise through the heavy brush behind us but nothing. Lots of black birds and Robins. Anyone else in Central Indiana see a lack of quality sign as to the rut being in full swing??

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.