Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-12-2008, 03:31 PM

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Old 11-12-2008, 03:34 PM

ok. I guess not. Thanks anyway Pat. I tink I am going to sit in the thick spot with the god sign and hope everyone pushes the deer to me. It's the only real thick area around.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Spike

Talked with a coworker today and she told me that her daugther and son n law let a friend hunt their land in albion. Supposedly he shot a huge buck 2 days ago, I have asked her to get me the pics, so when I do I will post it. Again this is all second hand info but they said it is huge, sounded like it will be a non typical from the description. This is in Albion. I'll post more when I get a pic.

2 more sleeps til gun opener, just in case any of you forgot!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is Skinner Lake over by Albion? If so, my Father In-Law hunts over in that area too. He's in on a lease with a bunch of guys he works with at the GM plant. The farmer used to lease it out to a group of Lawyers from Indy..but they didn't re-up this year.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: markanoon

ok. I guess not. Thanks anyway Pat. I tink I am going to sit in the thick spot with the god sign and hope everyone pushes the deer to me. It's the only real thick area around.

I guess another easy way would be to post the coordinates...or if possible the address of the place you hunt. Then just describe the property bounderies...that way I could find it from Google Maps...saving you the issues with posting a damn pic on this site. lol
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Spike

I believe it is, however I am not that familar with that area except for around chain o lakes. This property is to the east of chain o lakes, all private land. Supposedly it was a 20 point and field dressed at 220lbs. I am assuming its non typical by the number of points. Still dont have the pic but when I do I'll post it. Regardless it sounds like one heck of a deer!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I wish I had some land over there to hunt on. Large ag fields...hilly...and a decent amount of wooded land. Chain O Lakes is where those 2 large bucks got hooked up and drown last year.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out with my brother today and got our guns sighted in. Went and checked out a fake scrape i made on Monday night that had a dripper over it. Tracks all over it. Hopefully one of us gets something this weekend. Weather looks absolutely horrible. Par for the course this year.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

Well off to bed for me. I hate the night before opening morning. I can never get a good nights sleep. There are just too many big bucks running around my head to get a restful nights sleep. I hope everyone has a great first day. Weather is not supposed to be great but with this front going through they should be moving around. We will just find out in the morning.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:19 AM
Fork Horn

I am up and ready to head out and get in my stand, opening day is always exciting for me.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.