Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Yesterday morning there were 2 dead bucks along I69 north of Ft. Wayne. One was smaller...probably a 6. The other one was bigger...but was gone a few hours later when I drove home.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Spike

went out this morning, didn't see anything but squirrels and spitting rain. i think it may be about time to move that stand. has anyone sat fencelines with buckets? i just want to try some places out before i hang a stand
Old 11-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out this morning and it was windy as heck. Did not figure i would see much. About 7:30 i look up and here comes a buck. Half racked 2 pointer lol. He looked like he was lost. I don't know if the rut had him messed up or if he was just skiddish with the high wind. Seen nothing for about the next hour and was thinking about getting down. Looked back and seen 2 doe just casually walking along. 5 minutes later i see a buck, and he is hot after one of the does. He ended up pushing her out of sight and they were gone. 20 minutes later, the does were back, and here he came, same spot i shot my 8 last year. Gave me a perfect 10 yard shot but i passed. He was a nice 8 point with a big body, but not quite as big as my buck from last year so i decided to pass him up. He ended up busting me too. He will be real good next year, but if my bro wants to shoot him next weekend that would be ok too. I'd like to see him get a deer more then myself this year.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Spike

Does anyone hunt around Daleville, Muncie, Anderson? that area?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Spike

I live in center Ohio and looking for a place to hunt close to the Ohio border (near I-70) any info would be great! Thanks.

Matt
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning, was supposed to be about 5mph winds. They were at least 15 mph.

3 tiny does, thats it.

Would be nice if i could get a day to hunt where it's not either 75 degrees or windy as heck.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

This weekend is going to be cold and windy, 22 mph winds on Saturday is being predicted already. That should be fun bowhunting. (yes I know its opening day of gun).
Old 11-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know a front is moving into our area soon....but in terms of wind speeds they're harder to predict than temperatures. Usually 'next day' forcasts are close on temps...but winds vary SO much based on the land around you...that even 'next day' wind forcasts are junk.

When it's actually windy, I don't mind it if I can sit on the opposite side of the woods that the winds are coming from. I can handle cold temps fairly easy....but add in a high wind and I'm likea little girl wanting to go home.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last i checked it was around 14mph for saturday, but im sure that will change by then. I actually had decent movement saturday morning in the wind, but i think the sudden drop in temps after a week of 70's had a lot to do with that. Need to get out this week and shoot my gun, going to try the Lightfield Hybrid sabots this season for the first time. Found them on sale for about 6 dollars off a box.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 PM

I need help on which spot to pick because I always second guess myself.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.