Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 disadvantages/advantages of groundblinds >

disadvantages/advantages of groundblinds

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

disadvantages/advantages of groundblinds

Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: disadvantages/advantages of groundblinds

One of the best days hunting I had was off the ground. It had just snowed 12 inches and there was too much ice on the steps to get up to my blind. I decided to dig into the snow on the edge of a hay field and made a nice back rest that I could lay back on than made a small snow wall in front of me. Best blind I have ever sat in. Blue Sky, Fresh snow. It was perfect. This was a spot that 6 guys hunted opening weekend of Illinois deer season and we only shot 5 does and we shot everyone we saw (farmers orders). Within a hour I had 6 deer 30 yards in front of me and took a nice doe. Still the best blind I ever sat in.

If you want to make one, 3 wood pallets with the 4 side a back to a tree has worked for me. Breaks up the pattern with the boards and the pallets and covers most of you. I've used that as a one season blind before and worked great.

SoIllinSpotnstalk, you said your in college. SIU?

Old 09-07-2008, 05:28 PM

yup, SIU, go dawgs. anyone no if shoot thru mesh with have any effect on a rage broadhead? as far as deploying the blades early?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Hum yeah, that may be a problem. I have shot though the mesh with muzzeys, but never an expandable BH. But the same thing,, just try it once. Thats the only way to really find out once and for all.