Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands >

Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Old 08-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Just got home late lastnight from being out in Illinois hanging stands on our farms. We didn't even have time to take pictures, this was all work!!!! We got all the stands up, all in prime areas, all with major trails. The local people even told us that antler growth seems so much better this year then in the last few years, I guess the rains have helped. We spotted 5 shooters, from 130" to over 160", and we never even went glassing the fields. We also placed out 3 trail cams, come early November we will see whats on there. The ticks are out of control out there!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

I will be back there next week to do the same. And man are you right, the last time I was there, the ticks were terrible. But doesn't that trip there just get you excited for November!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was there this past weekend and spend a good part of Saturday morning walking over some ground I just bought in Wayne county. Didn't have any problem with ticks, deer flies or mosquitos.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats sweet I will be heading down next weekend shooting some velvet footage. Walt
Old 08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

Just got home late lastnight from being out in Illinois hanging stands on our farms. We didn't even have time to take pictures, this was all work!!!! We got all the stands up, all in prime areas, all with major trails. The local people even told us that antler growth seems so much better this year then in the last few years, I guess the rains have helped. We spotted 5 shooters, from 130" to over 160", and we never even went glassing the fields. We also placed out 3 trail cams, come early November we will see whats on there. The ticks are out of control out there!!!!
It really won't matter what's on your cam come Nov. The deer on cam maybe 2 miles down the road chasing a doe, and you may have "new" bucks where you hunt that you've never seen before due to the same reason...Rut!!! Be sure to post pics though.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard the deer are looking good this year fown there as well. My buddy was there over the weekend for the turkey dinner in Brown County and said the corn is higher than he has ever seen it. I am going down in a few weeks hopefully to get prepped for November.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:15 PM

hung the last 3 in adams county on sunday, cant wait, and yes the ticks are bad!!![:@]
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2963761&mpage=1&key=&#296490 4

give me some advice on my stand placement...please
Old 08-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

racewayking, my friend John and his wife was at that turkey dinner. Have you ever gone to the Brown County Deer Classic? Decent show, great prizes and mounts
Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

racewayking, my friend John and his wife was at that turkey dinner. Have you ever gone to the Brown County Deer Classic? Decent show, great prizes and mounts
My buddy Mike goes to them. He won a muzzleloader and his friend won a sweet shotgun at the turkey dinner this year. I might have to check out the Deer Classic.

Quick Reply: Returned From Illinois, Hanging Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.